PDA

View Full Version : Foundation Degree

nick14
18th Feb 2008, 15:09
Hello all,

My flying school has opened up a foundation degree program with a local university to be completed whilst on the training course.

Considering the fact that im 20 years old, the youngest on the course, and having not been to uni. Would you consider it advantagous to do a part time distance learning foundation degree?

I have always been interested in the other aspects of the Airline industry, aside from the flying, and the degree program covers the general operation and management of airlines in general.

Many thanks
Nick

cats_five
18th Feb 2008, 16:48
Hello all,

My flying school has opened up a foundation degree program with a local university to be completed whilst on the training course.

Considering the fact that im 20 years old, the youngest on the course, and having not been to uni. Would you consider it advantagous to do a part time distance learning foundation degree?

I have always been interested in the other aspects of the Airline industry, aside from the flying, and the degree program covers the general operation and management of airlines in general.

Many thanks
Nick

I can't answer specific to the airline industry, but if the degree course is accredited by a respected insitute I would say it is advantageous, whatever you end up doing in life. Especially since you've not been to uni. If you have doubts about part-time distance learning degrees, check the Open University in the UK. It's well up the UK University league, and it's graduates are well-respected. Getting a degree while working is never easy, putting in the effort while you are doing other stuff can only look good on your CV - so long as the accrediting organisation is respected. You don't want to be bothered with something from the sort of place that sold degrees to Gillian McKeith and Ben Goldacre's cat.

dingdongbubble
18th Feb 2008, 16:55
hmm which Univ is this?

nick14
18th Feb 2008, 17:04
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College (BCUC)

cats_five
18th Feb 2008, 17:25
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College (BCUC)

That isn't one that springs instantly to mind... What was it before it was BCUC? Some of the latest crop of Universities were previously institutes which were well respected in some areas. I would ask your flying school some questions about why BCUC and so on.