PDA

View Full Version : JPA - Audited Claims

Mr-Burns
18th Feb 2008, 09:13
Chaps,

Please dont see this as yet another JPA Bashing thread coz its not. Just a simple question. What is the general hit rate for having JPA claims audited?? I'm currently running at about 65% and having to spend a lot of time gathering receipts together and taking them to HQ as opposed to actually doing my job. Is this the norm or is it just me they dont trust?

fake wafu
18th Feb 2008, 09:15
I seem to remember being told that if you submitted more than 4 claims in a month it triggered the audit chain. Might be wrong, I am fortunate in not having to use JPA that much and I am sure there will be others with chapter and verse on this.

Biggus
18th Feb 2008, 09:40
Working from memory, but I beleive there are 3 principle reasons for audit:

1) Requesting an advance of allowances

2) 10% audited as a random check

3) If you submit more than a certain number (I think it is 3-4 as fake wafu suggests) in a one month period.

So, if you submit lots of claims you will be subject to lots of audits!!!

In Support of Ops
18th Feb 2008, 11:39
Most of mine get audited too, triggered I think because of the number being submitted, it is no longer as painful as it once was. I keep a partially completed JPA E008 in a folder and manage the receipts as I get them assuming I will be audited. When notification of an audit is given it takes a couple of minutes to sort the paperwork, photocopy the receipts and all for my own records and peace of mind and then chuck the lot in the post to the administrator, I would not entertain the thought of making a personal appearance at SHQ for this trivia. It does not need to be as painful as some make it.

TMJ
18th Feb 2008, 12:54
Top tip: wherever possible, submit as many items as you can as seperate lines on the same claim. This reduces your claim count, though not the amount you're claiming, and so minimzes the chance of triggering an audit.

Impiger
18th Feb 2008, 16:51
Of course if you all used the JPA learning package which comes up on the system you'd understand that:

a. Every 20th claim submitted from across all 3 Services is called for audit automatically.

b. Every claim from No 5 onwards submitted by an individual in a 31 day rolling period is called for audit automatically.

c. Every claim worth more than £2000 is called for audit automatically.

d. If your name has been placed on the 'authorisation always required' list every claim you make will be - you guessed it - called for audit automatically.

So: top tip when you submit a claim make sure you can back it up with legitimate and legible receipts. Print the claim summary and staple the receipts to it. Keep the whole shooting match in a file in case the auditors come knocking on the door. It ain't rocket science!

Uncle Ginsters
18th Feb 2008, 17:23
.....and on the bright side, at least if you are audited you no longer have that particular group of receipts to store.
:hmm:

N Joe
18th Feb 2008, 19:36
Don't worry too much even if you are audited and they find an error. An audit showed I had over-claimed on one journey (claimed my actual mileage rather than the lesser fictional journey that I apparently should have, resulting in an over-payment of a couple of quid).

The claim had already been paid and the Cpl in Accts didn't know what to do - she was swamped by the piles of claims for audit and had no time to investigate what to do with my claim. That was 18 months ago and I left last year with a genuine signature (no, really!) from Accts on my clearance chit.

N Joe

muttywhitedog
18th Feb 2008, 22:40
Another top tip is to make sure you do not incur a "Policy violation", which in layman's speak is claiming for something the computer reckons you may not be entitled to, even though you are. A typical example being if you claim for a rail ticket, you will be pinged for Audit because JPA is programmed to say "Why did you not get a rail warrant".

If you get the red warning letters prior to clicking submit, save your claim and speak to your nearest clerk, who will generally be able to show you where the violation has occured, help you correct it, thus avoiding you (and he/she) an onerous audit.

As a unit auditor, that's the line I take, and it has cut my Sqn's auditable claims down from 30+ to about 3 per month. Auditing is yet another job thrust on me which I could well do without, and 2 minutes telling someone where they've gone wrong saves me about 30 minutes auditing. It also saves the individual the nause of having to get all his sh!t together.

Snap Ambush
18th Feb 2008, 22:46
Of course, if you are trying to claim GYH(EY) Air Fare within MMA, then there's no drop down menu and you have to do it another way. My unit recommends selecting 'rail fare' and explaining in the text box. This guarantees an audit.

If only JPA let you submit factual claims rather than forcing you to put known lies with explanatory notes.