PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating

AvEnthusiast
17th Feb 2008, 06:24
Dear Airmen,

I would be glad if you can put some clarifications on this:

Most of the flight trainings are given on Cessnas special C152 & C172, Piper or Beech. After obtaining your CPL let's add IR & ME as well; you can only fly those types of a/c or you can fly any light a/c just with an additional few hours type rating which are usually given by the compnay you are applying with. or no you have to have your type rating of those a/c your employer has it? or if you have the above ratings you can fly any aircraft.
- Can a CPL/IR & Me holder join an airline as a trainee pilot. Or he has to have an ATPL to join an airline?
-Have you ever seen a CPL/IR & ME holder with 200 hrs (ICAO Requirement) experience gotten hired?

Mercenary Pilot
17th Feb 2008, 06:45
you can only fly those types of a/c or you can fly any light a/c just with an additional few hours type ratingThe vast majority of light aircraft do not require a type rating, you can fly them on your SE/ME ratings. Obviously it would be almost suicidal to jump into an unfamiliar type and go for a blast without any differences training. Any decent light aircraft operator will train you at THEIR expense, if this isnt the case then walk away.

Can a CPL/IR & Me holder join an airline as a trainee pilot. Or he has to have an ATPL to join an airline?Most new hires are CPL/IR holders (with the ATPL exams completed). Its imposable to have an ATPL without flying multi crew aircraft.

Have you ever seen a CPL/IR & ME holder with 200 hrs (ICAO Requirement) experience gotten hired? My airline has hired about 8 in the last 12 months. :)

ksa5223
17th Feb 2008, 07:57
whats the name of your airline mercenary

G SXTY
17th Feb 2008, 13:09
Not an exhaustive list, but it could well be any of the following:

Air Southwest
Aurigny
Blue Islands
British Airways
Eastern Airways
Easyjet