PDA

View Full Version : The varying standard of RAF Logos

BluntM8
16th Feb 2008, 16:58
Sorry, couldn't resist...

So. I prefered the 'official' Royal Air Force letterhead without the sloping letters. Did you? In these modern times we must fight to preserve what paper-based dignity we have left!

Blunty

(Not feeling remotely guilty, since you ask! I think it's a good joke and should be repeated until funny.)

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
18th Feb 2008, 14:25
It's the painting of it on aeroplanes that's really embarrassing. Having said that, the Senior Service has been painting their "logo" on flying machines for most of this Century. I think dignity was done away with as an outmoded concept.

GPMG
18th Feb 2008, 14:30
What is the general view regarding having cartoon images and semi clothed women on the side of your steeds? The Yanks seem to have mastered it from day one but most of the nose art that I've seen on RAF aeroplanes has looked pretty poor in comparison.

Roland Pulfrew
18th Feb 2008, 16:49
The Yanks seem to have mastered it from day one but most of the nose art that I've seen on RAF aeroplanes has looked pretty poor in comparison

You are correct GPMG. Such a colonial thing! We shouldn't continue with this Americanism. What's wrong with numbers and letters - BAH!! ;)

Beatriz Fontana
18th Feb 2008, 18:36
Could be worse, you could've paid a media consultancy £20K to add a curve to a single letter....

rafmatt
18th Feb 2008, 19:39
not allowed to paint women on the side of aircraft any more
banned?

circle kay
18th Feb 2008, 20:07
We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'f:mad:k' on their airplanes because it's obscene!

Colonel Walter Kurtz (Marlon Brando) - Apocalypse Now (1979)