PDA

View Full Version : lifting diagrams from .pdf files?

gas path
16th Feb 2008, 14:02
Question says it all really but how does one lift a diagram (or even text) from an (acrobat reader) .pdf page/file to post for instance onto pprune? I do realise that it would have to be hosted somewhere like photobox.
Using win xp pro.
I have tried the select tool and copy to clipboard and then I cant find the damn thing:ugh:
Cheers oh wise ones.

TeeS
16th Feb 2008, 14:13
Hi Gas Path

Once you have copied to clipboard, open MS paint or similar and then just click 'edit' and 'paint'. That should do it.

Cheers

TeeS

bnt
16th Feb 2008, 16:50
The permissions on the doc might not allow it, but if all else fails:
- Set to 100%
- take a screenshot (Ctrl-PrtSc)
- paste in to Paint or similar & crop to size.

hellsbrink
16th Feb 2008, 17:00
One can get programs which will convert pdf to doc/etc so you may find it easier to get one of them which will allow you to rip off the offending part easier.

Other option is to get full version of "Acrobat", provided your first born is around the same price as that software.

(PS, off to try something regarding this, will return if successful)

Edit, it wasn't.

gas path
16th Feb 2008, 17:26
Ah TeeS!
That certainly sees to work, fancy not thinking of that:ok:

V800
16th Feb 2008, 20:51
Do a search for a free programme called Zap Grab. This lets you copy and paste selected sections of your screen into other applications.

HuntandFish
18th Feb 2008, 08:14
One reason many people use .pdf files is to stop others editing them or at least make it difficult !

Wader2
18th Feb 2008, 10:42
Another program to use is Gadwin PrintScreen, also free.

PS,

I have just been copying and converting some PDF diagrams. No extra software necessary but programs like Gadwin do an all-in-one job.

I used the Adobe select box. When released the selection is automatically saved to clipboard. I then pasted to Paint and saved as a BMP file. Then I had to save it to floppy, move it to another machine, open it in a Photo editing program, and save it as a JPG. Now if a grateful Government bought me the right tool and gave me the right access :\