PDA

View Full Version : Qantaslink Emergency Landing

Tiger01
16th Feb 2008, 09:26
I've had a look around but cant seem find a thread about it.

The morning bulletin had in todays paper a story about QF 2301 from Rockhampton enroute to Brisbane Via Gladstone that had to make an emergency landing at Bundaberg after taking off from Gladstone due to smoke in the cabin. Passengers were instructed to "brace". Does anyone know anymore?

Once again my apologies if this has already been discussed.

320subria
16th Feb 2008, 12:12
What is it with the lack of info in the media regarding incidents with QF and to a lesser extent DJ. If this were Jetstar or poor old Tiger that very credible current affairs program Today tonight would be having a field day with this kind of news.:rolleyes:

Keg
16th Feb 2008, 14:09
What is it with the lack of info in the media regarding incidents with QF and to a lesser extent DJ.

You're kidding aren't you? Talk about a chip on the shoulder! :rolleyes: :ugh:

frothy
17th Feb 2008, 00:53
The Gladstone Observer had a story and photo yesterday. Typical "Jouno Hype"
Hostess YELLED " BRACE BRACE BRACE", so isn't that why they are there in an unusaual situation:ugh:
Also a Ms. W******** said " I have flown quite a few times before, but Oh God I thought I was going to crash"
The compulsory disaster statements.
The photo showed what looked like a Q300 and had the nose cone hatches open.
Was it an Avionics slight cook up with the slight whiff into the aircraft?
It is reported it was 10-15min ex GLA which would put them close to abeam BUD.
Seems to my the right thing to do was to land at BUD and investigate the cause. No brainer really
Any one know the cause just out of interest. This is not a BASH:)

Frothy

badboiblu
17th Feb 2008, 00:55
You will find it was a 300.
As the first post said diverted to BUD.
Poss ACM problem.

apacau
17th Feb 2008, 20:34
I have a friend who was on this flight. These were his comments (note this from a pax perspective).

Pax and cc detected white/wispy smoke in the cabin - captain had no idea when informed - no smoke in cockpit and no warning lights. Tried a few things and when aircon switched off smoke dissipated.

Tech crew wore oxygen masks as a precaution, and cabin crew prepared for emergency landing. Pax briefed on emergency exits, all pax trained in brace position. Fast approach given no-one knew for sure what was the issue. Brace was called on landing, but all fine. When all seemed OK, they didn't evacuate aircraft but taxiied normally before a quick disembarkation (all bags left on board)

Apparently local fire brigade arrived well after aircraft landed despite a certain amount of notice!

My friend said he and all pax were very impressed with the professionalism of the crew and after the event captain stayed and chatted to the pax as to what happened.

And what is more, a regular flight into BUD landed minutes later and some lucky pax (my friend included) were lucky enough to be enroute to BNE again barely 30mins later!

Kieran Smith
17th Feb 2008, 20:49
Glad everyone was ok. 30 minute later flight? That's good!

frothy
18th Feb 2008, 02:07
Looks like a job well done all round:D
Gladstone Observer this morning carried a story of a young girl travelling(12yo)
Looked after by another 2 pax and insisted she continued her flight, and will fly North to come Home, Good onya luv.
Congrats to all concerned

Frothy