PDA

View Full Version : want to do modular training but need all the advice i can get!

d3vski
15th Feb 2008, 23:04
Hi guys,

im totally new to this forum, been reading it for months for advice and have now decided to take the plunge and joined.

im hoping to start training in the summer. am i right in thinking i need to complete the following:

ppl, atpl groundstudies, hour building, cpl, me/ir to achieve the fATPL.

i was hoping that someone could clearly explain to me how many flying hours i require for each part?

i live in london so 98% certain that i will attend stapleford simply because of the convinience. i have a full time job (Civil Servant) and i have to keep on working as i do not have significant savings and im not gonna quit my job until i get my dream job offer (on the first airline willing to hire me!). im going to pay module by module and train around my job (luckily the civil service gives plenty free time because my working hours are great). i am happy to train part time and even if it takes me 2years and more. the hour building i am prepared to go to usa (again because its cheaper).

im getting married to an indian in so this will give me the right to work in india and right now everyone knows that indian aviation is booming. i am prepared to move there for a few years and fly for one of the domestic airlines (ATR, a320, b737 whatever they give me). i just wanna build my hours (i dont care about the low pay in india for indian pilots compared to uk, europe etc, its the hours im intersted in) and eventually when i have 1500 hrs plus, im hoping to return to the uk or middle east!

first of all i would like to apologize if i ask questions which have been answered before!

1) does this seem like a reasonable plan of action? any advice on tweaking it or making it better?

2) how long is the jaa class 1 medical valid for?

3) can someone please give me a breakdown of how many hours are required to complete each part of the training?

4) do you think its good practice to hour build in the usa? do i need a visa or can i just turn up on the visa waiver to hour build? i ask this because technically when hour building ur just flying while on holiday and not receiving any instruction? am i right?

5) i intend to end up with a jaa frozen atpl. anyone know what is required to be done to convert all these to fly commericially in India?

6) what is the minimun way to pay fees? can i pay lesson by lesson or do i have pay module by module as a minimum? i really do not want to part with all of my hard earned cash so quickly. ( i know how hard it is to earn money, i would be lying if i said im not envious of all those 19yr olds going to oxford and having £60000 fees paid by daddy or some rich granny who loves em so much!!!)

7) any other advice you guys can give me?

thanks in advance!

d3vski!