View Full Version : Cessna crusader

Cessna 402 Argentina
15th Feb 2008, 22:28
Hello everybody!
Is the crusader a good ship?
What about the performance???

NZ X man
16th Feb 2008, 05:35
I believe that is that twin Cessna built back in the early 80's, had a nice cabin but I believe was very under powered. It was like a new version of the 310 with out that rough around the edges, lets go look. Was never really a hit, and come to think of it, have not seen any models for at least 15 years. Good Luck

Silvio Pettirossi
16th Feb 2008, 16:23
It is the last piston twin made by cessna. As said, it has a very nice cabin, lots of room.
Also, it’s fitted with a sturdy trailing-link landing gear, and contra rotating props. The engines are Continental TSIO-520 reduced to 250HP continuous, so they run very under stressed, and should reach the 2000hs TBO easily. It’s a bit slow, compared to a baron 58 for example, only around 150 to 170knots, depending on the flight altitude, but of course, the C303 has a LOT more cabin space. Some say it is just as easy to fly as a C210, the handling it’s very nice. All in all, performance is comparable to a seneca III.

Cessna 402 Argentina
16th Feb 2008, 18:34
yeah, in Argentina ther is only one Crusader and heard it´s a bit slow. Saw it myself, looks really nice. In Chile there are about 20 of them.