PDA

View Full Version : XL Interview soon - anyone been recently?

Machine Man
15th Feb 2008, 22:16
Hello All!

As the title says - anyone been and ready to spill the beans?
Would also like to know if anyone has worked for them recently / is working for them and can give an honest opinion as to what they are like to work for?
Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

Brainstorm
16th Feb 2008, 07:40
A friend of mine works there. I hear it is an informal interview with fleet manager (no sim check unless things have changed). You then have to pass your LPC/OPC following the conversion training, or you are out (according to the contract).

For latest rumors try

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219439&highlight=excel

Knee Trembler
18th Feb 2008, 10:27
Hi,

I worked for Excel (as it was then) from 2005 to 2006. They are basically a good firm to work for. Nice equipment, good routes and, at least on the 737, good colleagues on line.

Fair to say, you work hard in the summer and less so in the winter, although this depends on the base. If you live close to your base you can have a very good quality of life. A lot of people commuted when I was there and they had it tougher as the rosters were quite unstable in the summer and the winter was almost all time on sby.

When I was there they still had a few dinosaurs around in management and it is a bit of a captain's airline due to the fact that it is very new and many of the FOs have low hours in comparison to other charter companies. But overall there is more good than bad.

Good luck to all,

KT

Ps. I think Brainstorm's comment regarding LPC/OPC applies to most companies ;).

stue
18th Feb 2008, 18:22
Check PM's MM:ok:

steggers
18th Feb 2008, 20:20
Hi guys.......I am cabin crew for XL so i can only comment on the crew side of things. I love working for XL. Like someone has already said.....you work dam hard in the summer, but generally about 2 flights a week in the winter. The flight crew that i always fly with seem to be very happy with XL, and we're soon getting the Airbus A330's so morral is quite high at the moment. Good luck with your interviews. Hope to see you online with us in the future.

Cloud Bunny
19th Feb 2008, 16:08
Sorry to jump into your thread Machine Man, anyone know whether the pay information on ppjn is accurate? Is it run on a similar scheme to TCX in that you are on the First Officer pay scale once >1500hrs therefore if joining with >1500hrs you would go onto that salary? Also, is LGW the main base for them and what would be the chances of ensuring that upon joining? I'm >1500 on the 737-800 and would only really be interested in LGW.
Again sorry Machine Man to jump in - I know a few guys from XL who are now with my lot and they all say that it is a fairly relaxed affair...a case of "why XL?" and "why would we want you?" sort of thing. Also a good idea to know everything there is to know about them and all the important people - standard stuff really that no doubt you are already familiar with. Good luck:ok: