PDA

View Full Version : Jet2.com

Chille Con Carnie
15th Feb 2008, 19:15
Anybody know if Jet2.com is expanding at Manchester,
thinking of moving.

King Halibut
15th Feb 2008, 19:47
They might be doing more charter work and people seem pretty pleased with their lot. Another 757 moving in making four. If you're after the 757 it should be OK.
Other than that, Manchester is like the Island of Dr Mauro!

no sponsor
15th Feb 2008, 21:10
The routes out of MAN have been cut back for 2008. 3 737s have been moved to other bases.

It remains to be seen how Jet2 react to the expansion of EZY and Ryanair at MAN...

TartinTon
16th Feb 2008, 07:20
Err...remains to be seen?? They've run for their lives already!!!
3 a/c gone already to other bases, I'd say that's a pretty good indication of their reaction

King Halibut
16th Feb 2008, 15:39
Are you saying Phillip Meason is a big chicken?

757 Speedbrakes
16th Feb 2008, 16:51
I would say thats good business sense.

Why take on Easy and Ryanair and all the extra financial costs involved? :ugh:

Much better to focus on the more profitable routes with the 757 and expand the growing holiday company and utalise the 737's at LBA where there are new LS routes this summer and less comepition.

Seems daft to critisise a comany for making a good decision but hey, this is PPRUNE!! :rolleyes:

TartinTon
16th Feb 2008, 18:01
What if Ezy/Ryan decide to put 4/5 a/c into Leeds?
If it's such a money-making machine you can bet they are having a look at it with all the a/c they have arriving over the next few years..........
:E:E:E

mackey
16th Feb 2008, 18:40
TartinTon,

Where are you getting your facts from?, cause it seems to me that you don't know what your talking about :confused:.

Who do you work for then? Ryan or Easy, pray do tell or are you just a wannabe?....

The fact is Jet2.com is doing very well, just because they move a few 737's from manchester people start insinuating things aren't going well.......wrong!!

Get good facts then post!.........end of rant!

M.

Musket90
16th Feb 2008, 20:02
As no-one yet knows what RYR and EZY definitive plans are for MAN after this summer then it's difficult to know what impact they will have on others. I think it's fairly certain MAN will form part of their continued expansion programme as it's a big airport with a big market which is looking to attract more low cost business, particularly from the two airlines who are at the forefront and who are globally recognised. However there will still be a market for airlines like Jet2 with the right product, market, cost base and aircraft types.

TartinTon
16th Feb 2008, 22:49
Mackey,

I work for neither Ryan or Easy but have worked in the airline industry for over 20 years. I am certainly no wannabe. The fact that Jet2 are running a mile at the first sign of Easy showing up at an airport speaks volumes for the company. As for them "doing well" you must have your head up your a**e. Share price of parent dropping like a stone...re-trenching to fortress Leeds because of a bit of competition...Monarch peeing all over them on competitive routes..falling back on the whole Jet2 holidays thing as being a universal panacea for the airlines shortcomings...do me a favour. The company is slowly but surely slipping into a coma...a kind doctor would flip the switch on the life support machine.
:=:=:=

King Halibut
17th Feb 2008, 00:46
TartinTon (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=73350)

Working as an on board cleaner for 20 years is probably where you got all your info from!

exrotarybooty
17th Feb 2008, 11:22
Tartin Ton

'The fact that Jet2 are running a mile'

I think you'll find Manchester to Leeds is a bit more than a mile, but it does give us an indication of your factual accuracy.

ERB (Jet2.com lover)

(It will also remove that awful reminder that I don't post enough! :))

Chille Con Carnie
19th Feb 2008, 19:48
King Halibut

Thanks for the info.....