PDA

View Full Version : Receiving Duplicate Copies of Emails

Tosh McCaber
13th Feb 2008, 22:09
Any thoughts on why I’m receiving duplicate copies of emails in Outlook? It’s happened before sporadically, but now it’s constant!

stickyb
14th Feb 2008, 04:43
Will happen if you are using a pop3 connection which gets broken or times out partway through downloading emails.

The pop3 implementation first downloads all mail items and then goes back and deletes them from the server, so iftheconnection ios broken before the process ends you have to start again at the beginning, hence duplicate emails.

BOAC
14th Feb 2008, 06:50
Simple check - have you (inadvertently) selected 'leave a copy of the message on the server'? (Advanced account properties)

ZH875
14th Feb 2008, 07:46
I have a similar issue, but I get one email from everyone except my sister, where I get two copies of any email from her, and she also gets two copies from any email i send her.

Mike6567
14th Feb 2008, 10:08
I get double emails (two the same) from pprune when someone replies to a thread I have subscribed to.

Saab Dastard
14th Feb 2008, 10:33
Mike6567,

I get double emails (two the same) from pprune when someone replies to a thread I have subscribed to

This one is a known bug in the pprune bb application, or the implementation of it.

SD