PDA

View Full Version : Citation I operating costs

jason_beall
13th Feb 2008, 18:10
Greetings all,

I am looking into the purchase of a Citation I for my business in Montana and am trying to find some preliminary numbers on operating costs. The direct costs (fuel, etc) are easy to calculate.

I am specifically looking for ballpark costs for:

Insurance
Annual maintenance
Engine overhaul and HS inspections
etc

Any operators out there in N. America who can shed some experience would be appreciate. I'd also be interested on any feedback on financing options.

-JB, Great Falls, Montana

BizJetJockey
14th Feb 2008, 16:52
Old Airframe...if you do intend to buy a Citation 1, make sure you get a survey done otherwise it could get very expensive. You might be better off investing in a share in something more recent like a Citation Bravo or Encore.

GAMABIRD
14th Feb 2008, 22:04
Hi there,if you buy one of these babies make sure its not any of the ones with the s/n up to 50.
These were all one off,s & all different & makes it very difficult to get parts.
I used to maintain 5 citation 1,s in the 90,s.There is a guy called mike hamlin from hamlinjet luton who used to operate them.
One of the things you have to look at is the windscreens they are very expensive to buy & very labour intensive to replace.The tailplane skins can delaminate as well.They are also fitted with mechanical tape engine gauges that can cause problems.
Rvsm may be a problem as well.Go for one with a longwing conversion.
Maintenance is usually done under a phase inspections, the largest & most expensive being a phase 5.
Make sure you have all the records which will show what is due.Normally maintained under camp or cescom.
Make sure you get the P&W JT 15 engines boroscoped.There is a guy called Phil Lamerman who used to be in the bournmouth area who was an expert on these,Good Luck

ssg
3rd Mar 2008, 13:26
PM me...:ok: