PDA

View Full Version : Confused about my medical! Please help!

MalteseJambo
12th Feb 2008, 20:11
Hello,

I've just had my medical: I have not yet started my PPL, but i wanted to have the class one certificate before i start anything, so that i know i will be capable of flying.

However, after making the appointment and going to the hospital (In Malta) i was told by the Doctor that a class 2 licence would be better suited to me, because it would give me more time to complete the private licence and also because of the fact that it lasts for five years as opposed to one year.

Confused about this, i went along with the Doctors advice, and completed the medical, even though he still charged me for the class one.

However, i have now found out that a private licence can be obtained within three months, therefore if i passed this i could require ANOTHER medical within three months of completing this very costly first medical.

Secondly, the doctor advised me that he would charge the same amout for the re-newal of the medical certificate, yet i have now seen on the CAA website that a re-newal at Gatwick would only cost me just over 100 pounds.

I am very confused as to where to go from here, i have not collected my certificate yet but im assuming all is well as the Doctor advised me on the phone that all is well.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.