PDA

View Full Version : what is a pogo flight?

speedrestriction
11th Feb 2008, 20:26
Apologies for not posting in French but I'm afraid my efforts would be quite confusing.

I fly to CDG several times a month (sometimes several times a week) but am a puzzled about a NOTAM which regularly crops up. It refers to restrictions on "pogo flights."

What is a pogo flight?

sr

dartagnan
11th Feb 2008, 20:45
sarko presidential flight,or pogo flight!

it comes from Latin Pogos, which means in french "beau gosse".
hope this help!

Myster Mask
11th Feb 2008, 21:35
Not sure of the exact definition, but it seems to be for flights within Paris TMA, such as Paris-CDG to Paris-Orly.

Any more precise definition?

lharle
11th Feb 2008, 22:05
According to me, this are departure from toussus le noble that are not any more possible because they were creating traffic problem.
I think they also have the same problems out of beauvais and pontoise.

bell4can
11th Feb 2008, 23:54
Here is a french AIP Sup about POGO flights

http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/dossier/supaipmetro/SUP_2007_057_EN.pdf

Cheers,

Bell4can

1500psi
12th Feb 2008, 06:40
Hi,

I think Pogo is a dance where in that one, you make small jumps.
In France we call that "saut de puce"

To be confirmed.

Cheers.

airseb
12th Feb 2008, 07:02
it's for short flights in the paris tma.
cdg to ORY or LBG etc.

these pogos are actually a sid plus a star put end to end. in case of a go around and diversion to another parisian airfield this is the clearance you might get (but i think a radar vectoring might be a better bet)

seb

robert3791
12th Feb 2008, 10:24
:ok:I used to fly POGO's with the 727 /PO IS PARIS ORLY AND GO IS FOR DE gauLLE;

FLIGHTS FROM ORLY TO CDG AND REVERSE; :D

speedrestriction
13th Feb 2008, 19:11
Merci beaucoup.

richatom
17th Feb 2008, 12:16
The term is occasionally used colloquially in French to describe a short flight without cruise sector - ie SID and STAR are merged. I have never seen it defined anywhere in any official publication and so if this is what they are referring to here I am surprised that they are using such a term in a NOTAM.