PDA

View Full Version : LHR to LAX - BA0279

MR7958
11th Feb 2008, 15:36
I hope this is the most appropriate forum for this thread. I'm booked on BA flight 279 from LHR to LAX on Saturday 23 February and was wondering:

1) whether the entertainment system in cattle class will be the 'on-demand' system I have enjoyed on BA flights from LHR to JFK. By this I mean the system where you can pick from a library of films etc and start and stop them as you wish;

2) what London to LA occupancy levels are like right now, and whether we'll be able to stretch out. A Saturday morning flight will, I presume, be busier than many others; and

3) how slow the LAX immigration and baggage collection experience is likely to be. I have never suffered particularly long delays at JFK, but do hear horror stories of 2 or 3 hours spent in queues waiting to clear immigation.

Many thanks.

apaddyinuk
11th Feb 2008, 23:25
All the 747's at BA have now had the AVOD update so you will have the AVOD system on alright...now as to whether or not it will work on the day is entirely in the hands of the gods I am afraid!!! LOL!

Your flight is currently showing over 50 seats available also so you may have plenty of room. However it is still a fortnight before your flight so that could change drastically in that time. Best bet is to get online EXACTLY 24 hours before departure to secure yourself a decent seat.

LAX seems to be awful all the time in my recent experience and the upgrading of the immigration desks and baggage belts is really not helping the whole process (or evening brightening it up...even the new bits look dreary still)!!! To be honest I am not sure how it would be at lunch time on a saturday but just make sure you make your way down ASAP from the aircraft!