View Full Version : Calling RAK ATCOs

Scooby Don't
10th Feb 2008, 19:56
I'm trying to find out what ATCO pay is like in RAK before submitting an application, and so far no one is saying! There's a thread on the ATC forum but no pay details, though there is mention of Serco flats. Does anyone know if Serco has villas in RAK for married ATCOs?

OMRK
11th Feb 2008, 09:52
Check your PMs.

bigmanatc
11th Feb 2008, 10:12
Its a pretty ****e place.....:eek:

prowler
11th Feb 2008, 15:57
Its a pretty ****e place.....:eek:

Well, it's definitely BETTER than SHJ & FUJ......

Ok, the place is well far off from where Dubai is now, in TERMS of practically everything, but as I said above, MUCH MUCH Better than SHJ & FUJ.

In terms of traffic movements, not so busy, & there's also the New Start-Up RAK Air....

I believe all the ATCOs employed for RAK live in the same block.....

RAK as an Emirati is much more quieter than the other Emirates, especially traffic along the streets.....& you find the ODD-Single Shopping Mall there!!

Good Luck in your venture....:ok:

Scooby Don't
11th Feb 2008, 16:20
Thanks guys for the replies (even the sh*te one!). Any idea what the situation is like for wives to work in RAK? Mine is in IT project management but wants to be a kept woman. I'd prefer her to work...
Also, anyone have a big, black dog in RAK? Mine loves to give people the "kisses", which I realise is a bad thing among Arabs and Indians, and he also wants to run around off-lead. Anyone know if there are desert areas or beaches where dog owners congregate and exercise their pooches?

Gulfstreamaviator
13th Feb 2008, 07:01
But please dont tell every one , as we want to keep it exclusive.

She, the wife that is should have no problem getting "work", but not well paid.

As to the dog, there is a lot of sand, so should be no problem.

glf

ATC Creep
14th Feb 2008, 14:53
ATC pay: Send me your private mail, I'll tell you
Flat: ****ty, dirty, noisy place, crap furniture, very spacious, big living room, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, extra toilet, small terace, all ATCO in the same building - no villas!
Work : Easy, procedural only, radar on the way. Air Traffic will increase, insh Allah!
Dog : Keep the dog away from this place for its own sake. Pooches are OK - anywhere, why in desert?
Woman: Maybe, for little pay. Rather keep her in the kitchen! Town is developing, so maybe...
Town: ****ty, dusty place with terrible traffic.

Ask me more, know all!

Been there, done that!

LOL!

bigmanatc
15th Feb 2008, 19:43
I rest my case.......:eek: