PDA

View Full Version : Instructors Positions

Desperate Wannabe
10th Feb 2008, 14:48
Hi All
I would value input from those in the know, as to the state of the instructors market in the U.S
Here is the rub, At the age of 42, I have made the life changing decision to bid farewell to my country of birth, South Africa, and am looking at immigrating to the USA, as I unfortunatly see no future here anymore :sad:
I currently hold a SACAA Icao Commercial licence with I.F rating and multi engine rating, and am busy finishing off my instructors rating grade III which I will have in the next month or two.
Are there filght schools in the U.S that are prepared to assist with the immigration and a job offer, to be quite clear, I am talking about going over as a career instructor, not hour building and moving on to an airline in a few years, so signing up with a school for the long haul is no problem.
Any input, thoughts, leads and advise will be most welcome.
Thanks All.

knma'91
10th Feb 2008, 17:07
Daniel Webster college in N.H are looking for Career CFI. I am not sure about all the information about it but here is a number you can call the CFI recruiter at 603/577-6402. Here is the link I found it from. good luck

http://forums.jetcareers.com/jobs-available/60067-career-flight-instructor-dwc.html

Desperate Wannabe
10th Feb 2008, 18:56
Knma'91, have dropped them a mail, many thanks, that is just what I am looking for.

knma'91
12th Feb 2008, 04:01
no prob, good luck

dr27
19th Mar 2008, 06:47
Hi

Any luck ? Similar sentiments re SA over here. Have a FAA CLP (SA lapsed) as well as a FAA CFII but that lapsed in 1982....500 hours instruction given.
Flew 2 years in the USA mainly mid west (Tx, La, Fl, Ga, Ky, Al). Did enjoy it at the time. Mid west = nice people too

Now applying for green card, awaiting outcome.

What have you been able to come up with ?

Best of luck

Dr27