PDA

View Full Version : G IV Middle East VIP Captain Salary?

Monur
9th Feb 2008, 21:23
I have been approached for a position as a G IV captain for an un-named Middle Eastern VIP operator.

Is anyone able to suggest what sort of salary I could expect?

Thanks in advance.

Monur

NZ X man
9th Feb 2008, 23:21
It would depend if it were a based or commute position. Also where in the ME. My best educated guess, after leaving there mid last year, would be 8000,US, tax free, should be transport and housing with all utilities included in that contract. If it is based there, 45 days of leave per year, minimum, because the company will be putting you to the task, they all do in the big ME. If you add up the housing and car,(transport), utilities, and don't forget to maintain a good per diem, minimum of $100 us local, 150 in the European sector per day, it adds up.

You will probably get some threads from active G-4 pilots who are there, good luck :)

Monur
9th Feb 2008, 23:47
NZ X Man,

Thanks for the info. I suspect that the job is more in the Gulf than the ME - I don't know if salaries might be better there but I do know that accommodation will be provided.

mutt
10th Feb 2008, 03:16
$8000 for a contact with 45 days off seems low...... For that i would expect to see month on month off.....

Also worth defining who is responsible for recurrent training both financially and time wise.

Mutt

bman0429
11th Feb 2008, 00:06
I'd say that that figure is too low for a based or a rotational position. GIV contract daily rates are more around 1200-1500/ day. If you are on a rotation why should you accept less?

Why would you accept a salary that is less than an Emirates FO as a Captain on a VVIP Bizjet that will require much more work with fewer regulatory limits?!

Its a pilot's market and I don't think we should be in the biz of subsidizing millionaires/billionaires!

Regards
Bman