PDA

View Full Version : Business Aviation in Australia...

mooguy
9th Feb 2008, 02:11
Does anyone know if there really is any market for it here, in sydney where I recently moved to? Ive approached exeujet at mascot, sydney, and a nice chap told me they dont really have VIP cabin crew, as unlike europe there just is not the poplulation/maarket for it here.

I worked for years in Emirates, then for the Prime Minister of Lebanon, followed by a series of freelance and longer time jobs, all out of the middle east. Im 41, highly experienced and quit flying 2 and a half years ago in the middle East when I married my Australian husband. Unfortuantely, the marriage failed.so I left the marital home in pertha and moved back to Sydney.

My resume got passed on to the universal guy here.....but Im getting v worried now, as I am having absolutley no luck getting ANY kind of jobs. I would even work in a business class lounge or as a receptionist at an FBO, as aviation is really all I"ve known all my life. I am running out of money, and wonder do any of you fellow ppruners have any advice or companies I could contact that you'd know of?

I have dual citizenship, Irish and Australian and love living here in sydney. However, I am seriously wondering shoudl I quit (and make another move) to return to Europe if it means getting work. Even at 37 I was finding getting decent full time corporate operations very difficult to get into, and now having lost a lot of contacts since my several years absence, would I be banging my head against a brick wall? I well remember all the husstling that used to go on amontst the girls trying to get those jobs........

What to do

To those who may take the time to give me some advice, thanks in advance.

Cheers:ok:

international hog driver
9th Feb 2008, 07:50
Gday Moo,

What you have been told is correct, there are very few operators in Australia use cabin crew. When I was operating out of Sydney there was only one operator who has cabin crew, they used 3 girls but all part time and usually only 1 at a time I think only once there were two on board.

Having been based out of Oz for a while now I cant comment exactly how the Sydney market is, however the general trend for larger aircraft in the market does bode well for your prospects.

If you are willing to move you may find work with Crown in Melbourne on the GIV/V?

You may want to try the charter brokers as well, I know previously we had carried people where the cabin crew was provided by the broker (she was very well known and experienced) as a freelancer when we could not provide staff.

Failing that try the other end of the group of hangars where UV/Exec are, and you will find Hawker Pacific. You never know your luck.:ok:

Flintstone
9th Feb 2008, 08:22
mooguy

You have mail.

mooguy
10th Feb 2008, 01:56
Hey guys

Thanks to those of you who replied to me, one or two of the private replies I made didnt go thru, but interesting to hear your points of view.

I spoke with a nice chap at Tag aviation Sydney, Neil Gibson, and he informed me of the scene here in sydney.

I really reckon if you an aussie with a halfway decent job overseas, Stick with it, cos its so so hard to get a decent job here, and salaries, as you know not the best.

Maybe I'll just pay a visit to some of the other operators, ie, Hawker Pacific a visit, cant hurt.

Fingers crossed..............