PDA

View Full Version : Rhodesian Airline: Afretair / Air Trans Africa

Whenwe
8th Feb 2008, 08:12
I was a pilot on the CL44 in the late 70' and left ealy 80's when mugabe took over our wonderfull country. You all know what he has done with it.

With the change in government the airline had to change its nature of operations and most of us departed to fly elsewhere.

We had a reunion in Johannesburg, South Africa during the nineties and people came from all over the globe, asia in particular. We were suppose to have had another one in Harare (Salisbury) Zimbabwe.

Are there still some ex Jack Mallock pilots, engineers and personnel around?

Shannon volmet
9th Feb 2008, 07:20
You could try asking this man - [email protected], or have a look at the "Swingtail" CL44 web site - http://www.cl44.org/ .That is if you haven't done so already :)

Mike.

Whenwe
10th Feb 2008, 06:06
Mike,

Thanks for the information I will send an e-mail. Correct, I visited all the CL44 websites.
I suspect your father flew for Central African Airways / Air Rhodesia. If so, nice to meet you again. With your father and others we played lots of golf at Chapman.
Regards to Sam.

Chris H

Varipitch
13th Jan 2013, 09:33
Message for 'Whenwe'

I suspect we have lost touch now-Also suspect you recall those trips to LBV and POG for Jack.
Reunion is in London in June and the CL44 Association goes from strength to strength-join us ??

Tableview
13th Jan 2013, 09:39
Have you tried posting something on Rhodesians Worldwide and the BSAP website?

A friend of mine used to work for Jack Malloch, I can see if he still has any contacts with ex-colleagues, although somehow I doubt it. I'll give him a call later.

Whenwe
13th Jan 2013, 10:30
Thanks for the information. I am a member of the CL44 Association and receive updates now and then.
Is that a CL44 reunion or for Afretair?