PDA

View Full Version : LHR Terminal 5 - A Mild Warning to the Curious!

bealine
8th Feb 2008, 06:56
With only a few weeks to go before the opening, Terminal 5 promises to be a very pleasant experience for staff and passengers alike.

As many of our customers also have an interest in aviation, we anticipate many will turn up early in order to have a good nose around - it's human nature really!

Just a word to the wise - if you decide to go and have a look at the first of the two satellites, T5B (T5C opens in 2011), and jump on one of the Tracked Transit Vehicles (little train), be prepared for a long WALK back (allow at least 15 minutes) unless, of course, your flight is going to depart from the satellite.

The large windows in T5B give good views over the apron and taxiways, so I imagine many of our aeroplane enthusiasts will be in heaven over there! (I know I will!)

If you use the Tracked transit to come back, you will be classified as "dirty" and have to go through the security process at Flight Connections to return to the International Lounge, possibly missing your flight!

We are very keen to see you enjoy your Terminal 5 experience - we don't want it to end in tears! :ok:

WHBM
8th Feb 2008, 07:05
If you use the Tracked transit to come back, you will be classified as "dirty" and have to go through the security process at Flight Connections to return to the International Lounge, possibly missing your flight!
Why should this take more than a few moments. As we all know and believe, "there will never be more than one person ahead of you in a queue" in T5.

bealine
8th Feb 2008, 07:58
As we all know and believe, "there will never be more than one person ahead of you in a queue" in T5.

ROTFLMAO!!! :D

MrSoft
8th Feb 2008, 08:35
Maybe, just maybe, it's going to be great. Wouldn't it be amazing, if it was. Our whole lives would be about 5% happier. Well, it can hardly be worse!

If it does work out, let's hope it keeps its purity of purpose over the coming years. T4 and even T3 at Manchester all began life as dedicated BA facilities, but just slid into confusion over the years. MAN T3 has now lost half its check-ins to the ghastly Flybe.

In all seriousness, the posts I have seen fill me with hope for T5.

(Dons tin hat and waits for barrage of cynical comments!).

groundhand
8th Feb 2008, 11:22
Ah, but Mr Soft; BA no longer operate the flights they used to out of MAN T3 so without the likes of Flybe you would not have the services.

As for T5, I though BA's One World partners were also scheduled to move there in time.

And at LGW the North was BA dedicated but as their programme is diminishing others fill to space; it may be that easyJet will become the major carrier from LGW as their latest takeover takes effect. Will the BAA boot BA out of the North to give easyJet the spece they will need?

GH

WHBM
8th Feb 2008, 11:31
And at LGW ........ Will the BAA boot BA out of the North to give easyJet the spece they will need?
What a good idea. Then BA passengers will save 15 minutes each way to/from the railway station as no need to waste time hanging round for that confounded Transit. Meanwhile Easy passengers will have to waste this time. Also notably shortens distance to/from the active runway.

MrSoft
8th Feb 2008, 12:49
without the likes of Flybe you would not have the services

With Flybe, we don't have the services, that's just it.

I see your point. I am seduced by a fantasy where the cosmos contains nothing but British Airways.