PDA

View Full Version : Harrods Luton to Charge £15 per day for car parking

P1GLX
8th Feb 2008, 01:07
This is adding insult to injury. Do we not pay Harrods Aviation enough as a LTN based operator, why should we be expected to offset the capital cost of a new FBO, I calculate a possible income to Harrods in excess of 500k PA, £15 per day per space for crew parking is outrageous. Whilst the new facility at LTN appears at first glance to be money well invested at £8,000,000+ why did they not construct it adjacent to the existing hangar facility on stand 62 where apron space would not be an issue, and future expansion could be accomodated. There is talk of moving the current cargo facility which would solve the short term problem, however, move it where - all apron space at LTN is congested. Have I finally signed up to Mr Meldrew's grumpy (old) gits club or do I have a point. Other operators views welcomed:ugh:

LTNman
8th Feb 2008, 07:08
Think you will find that Harrods moving from the south stands to the old cargo apron was part of Airport’s master plan to increase its own passenger aircraft stands and Harrods had little choice. As for their car park the airports long term car park is next door to Harrods for those longer stays.

Chippie Chappie
8th Feb 2008, 07:53
Put it onto the pax's bill. Then they might go across to Signature :} (mind you, parking at Signature is becoming a bit of a problem).

Chips

buzzc152
8th Feb 2008, 13:49
I was a bit miffed by the £15 charge since I'd been told by current users they pay nothing.

I have been getting the train to Luton Airport parkway (£15 return from Bedford) and then the free shuttle bus, but it's then a 10 min walk with baggage around to Harrods.

Can we not use our collective buying power (are we all NJE ?) and strike a deal with them........ we put enough business their way after all.

Paradise Lost
8th Feb 2008, 20:54
Surely all crew using Harrods (where I am only charged 11 GBP/day) can recover the fee from their company?
Of much more concern is the lack of ramp space that the new move has caused......and it's the quiet season at the moment! Once you stick a Glex/ G5 or worse a BBj at the exit of Stand 71 there is no room for anyone else to depart the ramp. I fear that "Ramp rash" will be the likely outcome until the cargo ramp next door is surrendered soon.
Harrods staff still the friendliest......and prettiest!!!!

Flintstone
8th Feb 2008, 21:49
Buzz. No, 'we' are not all NJE but Paradise is correct in that those of us who are not can claim our parking fees back ;)

LTNman
9th Feb 2008, 06:32
I have been getting the train to Luton Airport parkway (£15 return from Bedford) and then the free shuttle bus, but it's then a 10 min walk with baggage around to Harrods.

You can catch the free car hire bus / staff bus to the terminal. There is even a bus stop outside the easyjet academy

DUAL RATED
9th Feb 2008, 07:36
I was there Wednesday confirming £11 a day. taking the P*ss money grabbing t*s*ers. I could understand if they maybe charged it at the old place due to parking issues, but at the new one where there is loads of room. How many operators have been told and pre warned about it being implemented. i bet none

727 exec
9th Feb 2008, 11:11
This attitude should kill off for ever their chances of winning any praise in the numerous FBO surveys - so remember to vote them down next time, or at the very least - don't vote for them at all.

Pass it on...you know it makes sense :ok: before all the FBO Managers think that we (the crew) are a handy source of additional income :uhoh:

ps how come the 'new' crew room is half the size of the 'old' one??

pps it's a shame that the boys and girls in the FBO are trying to make things better for us -the Customers, and that Somebody has dreamed up this money making scheme which will completely wipe out their efforts...:ugh:

DUAL RATED
9th Feb 2008, 11:27
And another thing while im having my rant, did you know the drivers that turn up have to wait in there cars now, not allowed inside like before. poor guys probably been in the car all day last place they want is to sit and wait in a car for another 2 hours. Not great for the enviroment, they will be sitting in their cars, engines running to keep warm. thats why the crew room is now half the size maybe!!

Harrods Useful idiots at the moment, lets hope they see the errors of there ways, just pissing people off and charging a fortune. people will vote with there feet.
rant over

Flintstone
9th Feb 2008, 18:23
Hmmmm, somebody didn't think this through carefully enough methinks. Poorer crew room, no room for the drivers and a parking charge.

Perhaps 'they' don't realise that 'we' have some say over which handling agent we use. Why not drop them a line and let them know? I have.

http://www.harrodsaviation.com/fbo/fbo_contactus.html

Toxic Thrust
9th Feb 2008, 18:36
Such a shame they put in so many car parking spaces but forgot to allow the space to park any aeroplanes! It seems the amount of car parking spaces and size of the crew room will become irrelevant with the amount of aeroplanes they can fit in :E

Darth-Vader
12th Feb 2008, 14:23
At least dick turpin wore a mask when he robbed people!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps its a conspiracy by MI5/6 or even the CIA!!! Mossad think its beneath them!!

S500 anyone

Brizeguy
13th Feb 2008, 10:07
The £15 charge is large but is that not what the Per Diem is for?

The money is probably going towards the ramp insurance which must be huge!
The amount of prangs on the old apron will seem like nothing compared to what is sure to happen soon on the new.

I watched as a Falcon 2000 was spun round on the spot in disbelief. The forces on the main gear were worse than any heavy landing. The APU exhaust was about 2' from the windscreen of the aircraft behind.

Whilst there see if you can see a Harrods vehicle without any damage!

727 exec
13th Feb 2008, 15:44
I've always enjoyed eating my per diems! Are you suggesting that Harrods are trying to help us lose weight by having less money to spend on food and other non-essentials...give the money to Harrods without even getting a few points on my Harrods loyalty card.

Gadzooks:{

LTNman
13th Feb 2008, 16:56
They never leased the entire south apron and they have claimed that this apron is bigger.

The red line is the size of the entire south apron, not just their bit.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1467/compositevc2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Chippie Chappie
5th Mar 2008, 07:55
ptc asked:[URL="http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=316540"]

Comments on the new Harrods Luton FBO
What does everyone, both passengers and crew, think of the new FBO at Luton?

I hadn't used Harrods for a while but went there recently and I found their service to be EXTREMELY poor. As you say, they are completely boxed in making positioning aircraft difficult. However, London City manage and manage VERY WELL. It appears to me that their problem is the level of experience, or rather, lack there of. I couldn't recognise much in the way of prioritising.

All done with a smile on their face but that falls short when you're trying to make a slot and they manuoevre your aircraft into an inaccessable position for receiving fuel.

Signature gets my vote.

I KNOW Brizeguy was joking :suspect:

Cheers,

Chips

merlinxx
5th Mar 2008, 15:48
Like most things the 'Singer Sewing Machine Salesman from HEAX' does, all bollox and no substance! Just shaft everyone in sight, just give a green&gold
bag and tell them the UK stinks. By the way he's not an 'Al', he gave himself that title, prat!

Opsbeatch
5th Mar 2008, 23:18
If they'd listen it would work very well!!!!:ugh:

microwave
9th Mar 2008, 09:49
You could always use Airparks to park your car at.

They are offsite and are the cheapest that I'm aware of.

My car is their currently, from 4 to 15 March (12 days and the charge to me was £43.53, with the discount codes / cashback below. Full price would have been £58.50.

Use one of the discount codes:-

E27T or E37T. (I used E27T). 12.5% discount

Also, if you are a Quidco member, (cashback co-op) go through them and save a further 10%.

I was hoping to use Harrods for free but ..............:ugh:

If your company pays for parking fees, then I guess it doesn't matter where you park.

Links:-

www.purpleparking.com
www.quidco.com