PDA

View Full Version : Pilots in Russia

Aviation Jobs
7th Feb 2008, 18:32
There is a discussion in Russia to allow Airlines with Russian registration to hire foreign pilots.
The question is: Will the pilots be happy to relocate and live in Moscow?
How it is to live in Moscow - the most expencive city in the world?

Any opinion?
:rolleyes:

Solar1
8th Feb 2008, 07:52
Can I ask where you heard about this?

I was looking at piloting jobs in Russia a few years ago and, for the reason you describe, the only option was foreign operators with aircraft based there (of which there were few).

Moscow is not an easy place to live, however it is very dynamic and so rewarding if you like that kind of thing.

Pilot salaries tend to be a fair bit lower than the going rate in the 'West,' but it is not as expensive as you might think. The factors they use to judge relative cost tend to be either those that would affect a tourist (hotels, restaurants etc), which are very high compared to actual living costs, or living costs compared to average salary, which a pilots salary would be well above.

If the regulations do change, which I don't imagine will happen overnight, I would certainly recommend working in Moscow for an experience!

WhyFlare
9th Feb 2008, 03:09
I just spent a week in Moscow, and in my opinion, London is way more expensive.

Moscow Airports lack normal facilities for jets. Customs takes forever. No mx facilities. De ice equipment was good though!

Im looking at taking a bizjet job there. Trying to figure out what a fair salary is.

Aviation Jobs
9th Feb 2008, 11:54
Of course it will not happen overnight but the managers of some Russian airlines are trying to start discussion about this topic on a government level.
Let’s see what will happen in the near future.

airman13
9th Feb 2008, 14:03
Try in Bucharest.....maybe much better than in Moscow....Tarom and Blue air are seeking for pilots !If you are the owner of a 737 ,ATR or A320 type rating, do it !