PDA

View Full Version : Lookin' for a start!!

avionic lad
7th Feb 2008, 00:28
Hello all,

I'm currently on course at AST Perth sitting my B2 full 2 year course. I've finished all exams and am working my OJT period of 8 weeks to finish off the course. I've four weeks left of this and then i'm looking for a start at a company. It seems people in my position often struggle to get a start once finished college... Unfortunately i have no aircraft experience but my 8 weeks OJT placement on Embraer-145's. But i'm hard working, enthusiastic and willing to learn! With 2 years relevent work experience i should be elegible for a full B2 License.

Ideally i'd like to get work back home(Ireland) but would take a job anywhere! If anyone has any contacts in Ireland or anywhere else, or any suggestions for that matter, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

I appreciate any thoughts....

Regards.

munster
7th Feb 2008, 01:10
:ok:How's your capacity for drinking tea and extended periods playing on the X BOX?

avionic lad
7th Feb 2008, 01:35
I only drink coffee and my xbox is not up to much. but like i said, i'm enthusiastic and willing to learn. Thanks for the advice!

ericferret
7th Feb 2008, 10:54
I think you should apply to the larger operators e.g SRT at Dublin or maybe the Aberdeen based helicopter companies.

Your need a job where you can pick up experience without being hung out to dry.

Probably some form of heavy maintenance would be best. With all due respect I think you would struggle on a busy line station.

Best of luck, there is a shortage of B2 engineers.

Don't get railroaded into a job beyond your capabilities, the licence is hard to get don't put it at risk.

Yoth
7th Feb 2008, 18:14
Flybe at Exeter are in the Embraer 145 market. They always seem to be after licensed/un-licensed engineers. B2 is definately the way forward and is in high demand.
Claire Darby is the HR boss at Flybe, last I heard.
http://www.flybe.com/vacancies/engineering.htm
There is shannon aerospace in the emerald isle.
http://www.shannonaerospace.com/SAL_Careers/Live/carTemplate.asp?intPage_ID=1
I did some connying there about 1000 years ago and they seem to be a well established organisation. I was on the 737's but they also were in the A320 market as I remember.
Best of luck....

boshank
8th Mar 2008, 06:24
fly-be in manchester have a constant stream of A checks on 145's like its been said get in touch with claire and see if you can get the number of the regional manager. there are tons of SFAR88 mods going on in birmingham with them too, all good experiance for a future B2 guy.

if you wan't some more details PM me as i have a few numbers

avionic lad
11th Mar 2008, 09:59
Cheers for the contact at flybe. You hardly have any names of guys in Ireland do you?

Regards,

Beaver man
12th Mar 2008, 22:02
Avioncs Lad,

Mike Knowles is the Station Engineer at BHD. You should get him on: [email protected]

Any probs then drop me a pm

Good luck.

BM