PDA

View Full Version : To all Airline Managers (specially ME)

Gretchenfrage
6th Feb 2008, 18:08
To all the stand-up comedians who pretend to be Airline Managers, look to Bellinzona/Switzerland.
Two of your kind are finally to confront some sort of justice, as they are accused of negligent killing in their function of managers of Crossair and have finally to stand trial. This is due to a accident that happened November 21st 2001 in Zuerich, CRX 3597 was a RJ100 and it killed 24 people.
Crossair started in the early 80ies as small commuter airline. Its growth was too fast and they went broke twice, only to be sustained by Swissair. The over-ambitious owner and manager in personal-union, hit in his pride, tried to outdo his covered up failure by starting to push his employees, order shortcuts by means of threats and when faced with leaving of good crew, hiring ever lower qualified. The Swiss AA, whos chief was a good buddy of this manager, looked to the other side, just as did the effective owner (SR), only to have a leverage towards its own crew by outsourcing.
Well, today the failure of all these nice people is on trial. The AA chief has already been ousted and is outcast in Switzerland. The same goes for the manager, as he has been chased away from newly formed Swiss and is considered persona non grata in the Swiss upper society. As for the active CEO, he has tried many new posts, just to prove hes good at nothing, and the active chief pilot is somewhere in oblivion. Not to forget the managers of Swissair who are still indicted of the demise of this airline. They all might have some money on the side, but their burdon for life is that they are outcast and I know for sure that THIS is hurting them eternally.

Specially to the managers and owners of middle eastern airlines:
I do not wish such things upon you, neither a accident nor the consequences. But the way you seem to act and reign points strait to something like that. You might think that you are well protected behind the local buddy factor and the seemingly eternal flow of oil money. But think again. Crossair and Swissair thought the same, at that time Swissair was a flying bank and Crossair the airline of the year. Everybody hailed their respective managers. Look where they are today. If you continue, you will not escape the same fate.

Voeni
6th Feb 2008, 18:32
Okay...

I support the fact that the managers have to face trial, although I doubt it will end in a criminal conviction as the case might be very hard to prove legally. It might be a small first step towards a more thorough approach to growth.

However, your post is very personal, shows a lot of frustration(?) and statements as "was a good buddy", "considered a person non grata in swiss upper society" (how do you know?) and "proves he's good at nothing" are not statements of objectiveness. Your comment about the current CEO of Swiss (if I have read it correctly) seems almost ridiculous, given the fact that Swiss is now a better-than-average-profitable airline within Europe.

It's been six and half a year by now.. why is there still so much emotion in it?

What do you think? Does this case has a chance for success? What are the points pro and contra - not emotionally, but what could be decisive from a legal standpoint?

Jumbodriver74
7th Feb 2008, 09:52
Sorry, but what´s your point?:confused::\:}:8?

J_74