PDA

View Full Version : Please lemme know!!!!

auckme
6th Feb 2008, 16:14
Hello seniors and contemporaries!

I am from auckland. I was thinking of trying my luck with this LH- training program. I went to the website http://www.lufthansa-pilot.de/ . Man! the page is full of mis-arranged alphabets...:8:p yes! i don't understand german. But i am learning. i know without fluency in the german language i might not stand a chance but atleast i can try. who knows lady luck might just favor me:) . so does anyone know if i can apply in english from somewhere:confused::confused:. is anyone else trying?

auckme
7th Feb 2008, 09:59
oh come on guys, at least someone help!:ugh::O

3Greens
7th Feb 2008, 10:07
Unfortunately i reckon you stand next to no chance because you appear to be neither German or have theright to live and work in the EU.

atminimums
7th Feb 2008, 10:17
Unfortunately i reckon you stand next to no chance because you appear to be neither German or have theright to live and work in the EU.

3greens,

Are you sure about this? NZ citizens do not have the right to live and/or work in the EU? I am not from NZ, but there must be a way..

BelArgUSA
7th Feb 2008, 10:32
Hola auckme -
xxx
Go for it.
First, see is you have a Berlitz Language School in AKL.
If you have one, enroll in a 2 to 3 weeks "total immersion" German language course.
Ask them to translate an email you will send to LH to apply.
Join a certificate of enrollment to Berlitz School.
If Berlitz is not in AKL, certainly other similar schools exist with similar programs.
German is not "that difficult" -
Good luck - Auf Wiedersehen -
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

The African Dude
7th Feb 2008, 11:12
In the event that German-language skills go against you, don't forget that not far from Auckland is the CTC training in Hamilton - there may be a route there for you. best of luck!

auckme
7th Feb 2008, 12:01
ThanKS guys for giving me ideas.:) . But am i even eligible to apply? I'd somewhere read that you need either The citizenship of an EU-country or a stay authorization or an unlimited residence permit . I have no citizenship or a work permit but stay authorization? I can get that ,can't i? a tourist visa or something?
Not that i'd die if i get no chance in der but Wouldn't it be gr8 if...ya! me and my dreams!:O well, if i can't make it der , I'll enroll here in the self sponsored training program.
But will someone please tell me if i am eligible so that i can get serious with this German language!!!

why are there so many languages in this world!! Would it be nice if everyone were to speak one same language!!! URRRGGHHH!!!:rolleyes:

3Greens
7th Feb 2008, 12:11
i was just being realistic. Ask yourself how many non-Germans are currently on the scheme? Despite the supposed relaxing of inter-Eu employent rules many years ago the Flag carriers are notoriously nationalistic when it comes to recruiting cadets. If in doubt why not phone them before you take on an extensive language course which to become fluent to the degree needed is gona take some serious work.
Regarding the work permit etc... i think you better do some research.

ReallyAnnoyed
7th Feb 2008, 12:40
To be honest, I think this is a pipe dream for you, auckme. The Lufthansa program is highly competitive and you do not even have the basic requirements.

From the website:

- "fließende Deutsch- und Englischkenntnisse "
- "Staatsangehörigkeit eines EU-Landes oder eine Aufenthaltsberechtigung oder eine unbefristete Aufenthaltserlaubnis für die Bundesrepublik Deutschland"

This basically means that you need to be fluent in German and be an EU citizen or have unlimited right of abode in Germany. I doubt that you can get that, but ask your local government if you can achieve this somehow.

To be fair, Australia has just as strict immigration rules and pilots from the EU can not swoop in and get Quantas jobs either. Do not know about New Zealand though, but I guess you can enlighten me on that :)

The best thing you can do is to actually call Lufthansa training and ask them. Chances are, though, that whoever you get on the phone will not be able to speak English as is the norm in Germany :)

dartagnan
7th Feb 2008, 13:09
wait march 2008, english will be required(ICAO requirement),and many germans won't find a job.

3Greens
7th Feb 2008, 14:20
Just ignore Dartagnans post as well...So LH are going to lay off all German pilots eh?

The African Dude
7th Feb 2008, 14:40
English is already required and has always been required for ICAO ATPL students. :)

-8AS
7th Feb 2008, 17:45
Auckme,

Before you get to carried away with your plans to move to Europe, be well advised that unless you have either a full EU state passport or the right to live and work in a particular country (eg England - common for Kiwi's) you will not even get an intertview. Labour market protection in the EU is similar to the protectionism NZ and Aus place on their market. The only pilot's who get work with visa sponsorship are type rated direct entry Captains - and they are a case by case basis.

The Lufthansa scheme I would say is an unrealistic option and not worth wasting effort on. If you do have an EU passport, then a licence conversion to a JAA would not be a bad plan as the job market in Europe (especially UK) is a lot better for newly qualified pilots than Kiwiland or Oz.

If you don't have the Passport or work rights, get instructing and get networking downunder.

Groundloop
8th Feb 2008, 10:17
To be fair, Australia has just as strict immigration rules and pilots from the EU can not swoop in and get Quantas jobs either.

That's because they can't pass the "Correctly spell the name of the airline" test!:ok:

ReallyAnnoyed
8th Feb 2008, 13:48
He he Groundloop, I guess I'll never make it in the hemisphere where the water swirls in the wrong direction :} Does not matter though, as I am way too scared to ever go to Australia after I have seen all those programs on Discovery about all the animals that can kill you in Australia: Great white sharks, the ten most venemous snakes in the world, crocodiles, funnel webs, huge red kangaroos, stingrays :ouch:, that weird jelly fish and last but not least those ferocious koala bears :p