PDA

View Full Version : Charity Jailbreak ideas

lardydah
6th Feb 2008, 15:49
As part of my university charity week me and a friend have decided to have a go at the jailbreak.

Basically, we have 24 hours to get as far away from Durham Prison as possible and we're not allowed to spend a penny in doing so. We must have sent about 50 begging letters to airlines with little luck (plenty of NO's, basically).

Anybody have any inside knowledge/advice? Are airlines willing to budge, what would be our best bet? Is it worth heading to Heathrow and asking on the day?

In previous years people have managed New York and LA and from another university Tokyo! (I know alot of this could be family connections/cheating, but im genuinely interested if its possible).

Would be embarrasing to get as far as Manchester when other pairs get to different continents!

Leezyjet
6th Feb 2008, 19:35
Is it worth heading to Heathrow and asking on the day?

In a word NO. You would be better off trying to get on a ferry to Europe or Eurostar than going to the airport. Too many restrictions these days due to "security".

The airline I work for often gets people coming up and trying their luck on these things, but it doesn't happen and then takes away staff members from dealing with the fare paying customers. Maybe if the Boss was there at the time, he might do something and allow it, but he is rarely around these days !!.

Good luck anyway - let us know how far you get.

:ok:

groundhand
7th Feb 2008, 08:47
Have you tried any of the Cargo operators?
They might be more cooperative as they will not be losing seats to fare paying customers.

Beer_n_Tabs
7th Feb 2008, 11:26
I helped out a couple of students a few years ago, but certianly didn't get them as far as Tokyo or New York.

As somebody already mentioned the cargo end maybe your best area.

I got them on a truck to LHR, then on another truck to AMS (due to some freindly contacts).

PAX airlines I would guess aren't the best means if you are spending zero money. They rely on revenues via bums on seats, so at best you would get is a standby ticket.
The widebody freighter operaters (74F for example) have a few spare seats upstairs on occasion, so they might be your best bet. So I suggest you find a truck which runs to either MAN, LHR or PIK.

So....your trying to get as far away from Durham Prison as possible eh? Does this involve digging a tunnel under the barbed wire fence at the start? ;)

Good luck !!