PDA

View Full Version : bmi application form

Capt Holland
6th Feb 2008, 15:08
Hi guys,

I'm currently completing the bmi app form and in the section called You & us there is a question as follows: Name of bmi sponsor (if applicable)

Does this mean do you know anyone in bmi who would recommend you? It does ask for a refence letter from sponsor afterwards, so i think i'm right but i thought i'd ask before i make an arse of myself if i am wrong!

Any suggestions appreciated

Capt Holland

assymetricdrift
6th Feb 2008, 16:24
I can't help you on this, because I wasn't sure about it myself.

However, I did fill the form in last week and got the following response:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your interest in applying as a pilot to bmi. Interest in this position has been very high and accordingly, all our assessment centres are fully booked until January 08.

We will however hold your details on our database for a period of 9 months and revert should your qualifications and experience level match our recruitment criteria within that period.

Kind regards

bmi pilot recruitment

Out of interest, has anybody filled it in and found out differently?

mlee
6th Feb 2008, 16:58
Yea, I filled it out, but later found out the application is on the BMI website by mistake. There is another thread on this matter some where.

Regards Mark.

Lafyar Cokov
6th Feb 2008, 19:34
I can't submit the 'You and Us' page - it just locks up when I submit it -anyone got the same problem?? (Or a way round it?)

Don Coyote
6th Feb 2008, 20:29
Lafyar

Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox. bmi don't tend to write their websites for anything other than the standard IE!

If you are using IE then I can't offer any other usefull suggestions.

assymetricdrift
6th Feb 2008, 20:30
That's what I was told too.

The form is up on the website by mistake and it's a glitch in the system. bmi won't be looking to recruit until much later on this year, and they haven't been able to take the form off the website yet for some reason.

I do hate to say it guys, but at the moment, you might well find filling in this form to be a waste of time.

I know I did - I spent ages on the questions and perfecting the details, and then I got confronted by that dreaded message of: "Not recruiting"

No harm in giving it a go though! Just don't expect miracles!

TheFlyingDJ
6th Feb 2008, 20:31
Maybe try to save it now. Then close IE and then choose to clean up cookies etc and try again.
Sometimes works.

The sponsor should be an insider who can act as referee.

just curious, are you all experienced or fresh from the TQ?

cheers

Lafyar Cokov
6th Feb 2008, 23:40
I tried a completely new application and it seemed to go through ok this time (Only to receive the "Thank you for your interest in applying as a pilot to bmi. Interest in this position has been very high.....")

By the way I'm ex-Military Rotary, 5000hrs - looking for a first FW job.