View Full Version : CIGNA on VETA

cpdude
6th Feb 2008, 10:09
Heard from a mate that Americans being hired DEFO on VETA in YYZ have the option of CIGNA. I hope the same offer is available to the other USA residing crew on VETA bases in Canada. Just a few months ago I heard it was "cannot"!

Are all those that just switched their bases from USAB Freighter to YVR VETA been offered the choice of CIGNA? Apparently Canadians on a US base have a choice of CIGNA or Great West (Canadian Medical) but Americans on Canadian bases were offered only Great West.

Anyone know the current offering for those already in the company?

junior_man
9th Feb 2008, 01:44
They have to be US residents to get Cigna.

ASH1111
9th Feb 2008, 15:39
That is a great question. I had to do significant research into this, as I had a choice of going to the 777 is YYZ as a DEFO in Jan, or wait until SEPTEMBER for the 744 US. This was a tough choice but it seems that the insurance issue could be a bait and switch. Get you in the door for Canada, than say "sorry". Currency conversion risk, right-to-work issues, taxes, etc, the list goes on. I had to end up passing on the Canada offer. Hopefully that left open a spot for a HKG guy to get a base:D.

Still patiently waiting for USAB...sighhh...

If anyone gets confirmed US guys based in Canada that ARE receiving cigna, please share.