PDA

View Full Version : Mcr/cologne

SPIT
5th Feb 2008, 22:20
Hi
I was looking for a (supposed) cheapo flight in OCT on this route as easyjet have ceased operating this route from Liverpool now.
THE FLIGHT WAS ONLY £3 each way pp makin £12 in total But the total fare taxes and charges comes to £127, making £115 TAXES and Charges.
How can this be justified as the airline are ONLY charging £12, so somebody is making a huge profit,
THER IS NO SUCH THING AS A CHEAP FLIGHT NOW :{:{:uhoh:

Avman
6th Feb 2008, 05:45
If you do a search you'll find that these strange pricing tactics have been discussed here before. There are all sorts of allegedly valid reasons, but as far as I'm concerned it's quite simply that the flying public is being conned. Pricing practices in this industry have become a farce!

MrSoft
6th Feb 2008, 09:02
Let the punter decide. Carriers listen to this sort of complaint. Some have clearly sat down, had a pow wow and addressed it already - KLM, BMI, just two examples who quote you full price including taxes :D

In the long run, by doing this they may or may not accrue brownie points with punters, and BMI/KLM etc. become preferred. This is much better than regulatory intervention in my view.

Is there still such a thing as a cheap flight? I just booked FR trip for 1 euro cent each way. By the time taxes etc. were added in, it came to a whopping 30 euro. Really, we've never had it so good.