PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways route cuts

SQTR3KEKEYQR
5th Feb 2008, 09:31
Just had a look through the Tiger Airways (Singapore) flight schedules wef 30th Mardch and noticed that they had substantial cuts in their sevices.

Routes Terminated
SIN - CRK vv
SIN - CNX vv
SIN - COK vv
SIN - KBV vv
SIN - PDG vv
CRK - MFM vv

Frequency reduced
SIN - BKK from 2X daily to once daily
SIN - MFM from 2X daily to once daily
SIN - HKT from 2X daily to once daily

New Route
SIN - BLR 4X a week

Increased frequency
SIN - MAA from 4X a week to daily
SIN - SGN from 8X a week to Twice daily

Anyone have the answers to the following questions....
Why the total withdrawal from Manila Clark?
Are all these reductions due to aircraft shortage as more aircrafts are transferred to Tiger Airways Australia?
Will the suspended/ reduced frequency flights be reinstated as they take delivery of new aircrafts and when?

Thanks

Metro man
5th Feb 2008, 15:41
A low cost operates differently to a full service airline, full service has to maintain a network where as low cost simply puts aircraft where they can make money.

Charges for foreign operators have increased considerably in Thailand, this may tip the balance in favour of moving the aircraft onto a China run instead.

Tiger have an Australian operation and are starting one in Korea, this gives the flexability to move aircraft around, if you have X number of aircraft you start by covering the most profitable routes and work downwards.

It's a bit like a discount store, people are attracted by low prices rather than range and service, if they can't find what they want they go elsewhere for the item.

airlinefan
6th Feb 2008, 08:40
I looked on the web and it does not make sense - you sure???????????

SQTR3KEKEYQR
8th Feb 2008, 09:39
Hmmmm wrote my post by comparing schedules effective 30th March as shown on this site http://www.tigerairways.com/flight_info/index.php with the schedules prior to 30th March.

However, a cross check with the booking engine for flights beyond 30 March do seem to show that some of the 'cut' flights are indeed bookable.

I am officially confused too...though I am inclined to think that the info on the schedules page is wrong.

Dani
8th Feb 2008, 22:27
As far as I'm informed, they reduced some lines to get more frequencies on other ones. Tiger is very efficient in generating the best profit from a flight. So if they see that one flight is making more profit than another one, they switch very fast.

CRK cancellation could stem from the increased competition with Cebu Air, which is doing basically the same routings. So yields go down, Tiger is out.

There is a certain shortage of aircraft, since some are going to Australia. But every second month is another aircraft coming, so network is growing. Even if they would have all their 70 aircraft already, they would do it this way.

hth,
Dani