PDA

View Full Version : HKA and HKE still hiring?

flycold
5th Feb 2008, 09:00
I wonder HKA and HKE are still hiring f/os?

they hiring only non-type reated f/os?

If I have some hours on type, what kind of merit can I expect?

(I mean... differences in salary and any upgrade opportunity?)

How about salary for f/o in these companies?

Thank you very much for your comment previously.

Happy Landings!:ok:

Flying Mechanic
5th Feb 2008, 09:10
HKE maybe.......HK Airlines just sacked 14 pilots.....if u have Jet time try Cathay/Dragon/Air HK

Dan Winterland
5th Feb 2008, 10:32
HKE and HKA have just merged, hence the cull. Agreed, if you have the hours, don't waste your time with such an outfit. If you want to come to HK, try CX and KA.

Lots of HKA pilots have interviews with KA, so that should inform you of the situation.

flycold
6th Feb 2008, 07:42
Could you tell me about KA T&C?

Also my best concern is ...

1. I have 2600TTL with 900 jet and 800 Turboprop(more than 22T MTOW)
Am I competitive or can apply? (On their website, min is 3000TTL)

2. Do they offer upgrade to command? (I heard that they are permament
contract)

3. How about min salary for F/O?

Thank you very much for your comment previously.
Happy Landings!:ok:

hongkongfooey
8th Feb 2008, 06:00
Flycold, can tell you HKA would pay you 38000/month plus 5000 housing, 4 weeks leave, 2 days a month sick leave, basic medical ( after 6 months ) no travel except on own airline ( useless ), and basically run like a cheap light aircraft charter oufit.
Also, they do enjoy lying through their teeth to try and keep people from leaving but I think most have worked this out and are leaving, so plenty of jobs coming up.
You too can enjoy being one of ( if not, THE ) lowest paid jet jockeys in HK, and working for rank amatuers. ( this comment does not apply to all of flight ops ).
Oh, and they dont even have an approved upgrade programme for Captains, that has been promised to the long term FOs now for over 12 months.

Rumour has it soon to go thru a name change..........ERICAIR :{

Dan Winterland
11th Feb 2008, 00:39
Flycold. 3000 hrs is the minimum, but exceptions have been made so there is no harm in applying. All employment is permanent and upgrades are in seniority. Pay is sufficient, but much better than HKA. Suffice to say that as a KA F/O, your housing allowance is more than an HKA's captain's pay!

hongkongfooey
11th Feb 2008, 01:02
Ummm, FWIW, according to mate who is HKE skipper, pay almost identical ( not sure about FOs tho ), either way, not " much better "
( also HKE dont get 15% gratuity after 3 years and have to give 6 months notice to leave )
KAs housing is 55k for a mortgage or up to 70k for a rental, but you have to pay 20% of the diff between 24k and 70k, so the most KA will give you is 60K, granted not far short of HKA skipper pay, but not more :{

Yes, it is S**T