PDA

View Full Version : Aeromar - Dominican 747 operation

cbavoidance
26th May 2001, 09:30
****WARNING****WARNING****WARNING****

Any pilot or F/E considering joining a Dominican 747 operation (Aeromar) be warned.

FUNDS FOR THIS OPERATION ARE NOT READILY AVAILABLE

YOU ARE ON ONE MONTHS NOTICE AT WHICH TIME YOU WILL BE REPLACED BY A LOCAL DOMINICAN PILOT

The former Chief Pilot had to buy phone cards at 7/11 to call pilots and had to pay his own hotel bill. It took almost 2 weeks to send him $1000usd to cover out of pocket expenses. He is suing for salary and the airline has not even taken delivery of the aircraft yet!!!!!!!!

DO NOT RESIGN FROM YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER FOR ANY POSITION WITH THIS AIRLINE UNLESS THINGS ARE REALLY, REALLY BAD

You have been warned!!!!!!!!

cbavoidance
27th May 2001, 03:40

Enter after the Virgin
30th May 2001, 18:03
So going on your info, my Summer based in Madrid with the odd night stop in Paris looks suspect.

I was rather expecting an interesting summer flying sub-charters across the Atlantic mixed in with the confirmed contracted business we are supposed to have.

I was told that control is out of Belgium and managed by some ex Challengair people. i recall they were the DC10 carrier based in EBBR for a while.

If I don't receive my first salary payment I will owe you a tinny cbavoidance.

------------------
Golf-String five at
12 o'clock

747FOCAL
30th May 2001, 18:05
I can think of what I would do.

JJflyer
30th May 2001, 21:37
So many croocks in this business... And I thought that I had it bad with my old company. Guess I was wrong.
Worth a post to keep this thread up on the top.

JJ