PDA

View Full Version : WHO WILL FLY AIXs B738s

vagabond 47
4th Feb 2008, 16:12
They seem to be bailing out of the Govt Monstrosity according to a friend in the "masala"bowl, all had enough.
Arrogance,penalising expats Hotel Allowances to cover their OWN A.I. pilot allowance additions on the 738,Hotels that are never up to contract standards ,failure to honour salary obligations, etc,etc,etc.
This all leads to a very high attrition rate especially amongst the "weathered pilots" which are the backbone of any flying organisation.
But we all know what the reaction will be......."THE PUBLIC CAN PAY... AS THE AIRCRAFT ARE PARKED"........b777,b738
DEMOCRATIC,TRANSPARENT,PUBLIC ,ACCOUNTABLE,HONEST ..............Apparently china has learnt the lesson ,that India refuses to.
It has been an "alice in wonderland" experience far removed from the perceived reality of TVs "Incredible India" image............I do love the Elephants though shame they dont rule.

Left Wing
6th Feb 2008, 07:33
as an Indian its a shame we have to live with Air india and its :mad::mad: crazy ways....
things will never change ... I have seen their mind set and its the same old how we get stuf for free or cut corners...

rdr
6th Feb 2008, 10:18
Air India has been a joke for over 35 years. And i do agree that they don't give a damn because the Indian taxpayer is footing the bill. The whole scenario is to be able to fill their pockets, and those of the foreign carriers like Emirates, Qatar, SIA, Etihad at the expense of the country and other Indian carriers.
Unable to set up a half decent airline, they hold on to the routes professing to start operations in a month or two, or codeshare giving away revenue to others. All the time hiding behind their flag carrier status.
The only way out is for them to follow the path of Pan Am and others, or totally revamp themselves from top to bottom.
But, the play of the day is, " if i can't do it, why should others."

mainwheel
6th Feb 2008, 12:32
VB47,

Good to see you can air your problems on a public forum. I hope you get a positive result.

Please be aware that flight crew are an important section of any airline, but please appreciate the fact that it is only one particular section.

If the refueller doesn't turn up, you don't fly.

If the tyres are worn and there are no spares because the guy that overhauls them is sick, you don't fly.

If the reservations dept don't book any punters then there is no reason to fly.

Loadsheets, cargo manifests, finance, HR, security etc etc are all part of the operation.

You are in no way the backbone.:=

alouette3
6th Feb 2008, 14:58
Mainwheel:
I have no interest in stirring this pot. My only comment is as a professional pilot.I have to respond.
We may not be the "backbone" but as long as we are at the pointy end of the stick and left holding the can when things go wrong---we definitely need to be treated better than the guy changing tires.
After all, how many accidents have been classified as "reservation clerk error"?
You need an attitude adjustment ,my friend.Take a deep breath and give everyone their due: maintenance, reservations fuellers and yes ---pilots.
Alt3.

Captnhappy
7th Feb 2008, 04:04
Well.
Maybe they should down tools too! .....And ask for a pay raise and see the result!!!!!

Most people learn from their mistakes!!!...............Except Air India
And Capt. Bajpai
GH
:ugh:

Left Wing
7th Feb 2008, 06:52
If they had good plan they would be up-grading their NG Capts/FO to 777s and have the Boeing/Alteon instrcutors conduct the training segment where their expertise in operating 777s would be invaluable...

vagabond 47
7th Feb 2008, 16:24
Mainwheel,
I guess if we Pilots are not the "backbone", then you are not the "mainwheel",but rather the nosewheel.
I think you got the wrong drift on my conv, I am not for a minute placing pilots above any other member of the Organisation.
Shame to see a once proud operation lowered to another extremely poorly run Govt monstrosity.
In the Ops section there stands a Bust of Tata with a statement by the man starting with "when I am no longer no more" and implores the A.I staff to heights.
I guess all A.I. staff dont read English, starting with the CEO.