View Full Version : Gulf Air's new destination and frequency

Albergineman
4th Feb 2008, 13:38
Gulf Air received operating rights to Hyderabad on a daily basis and additional rights for daily services to Kochi and Kolkata.

Where to next?

:ok:

Phantom Driver
6th Feb 2008, 16:47
How about back to SIN and beyond; you guys are losing out big time to EK,QR, EY etc etc.

Panama Jack
7th Feb 2008, 03:19
Sounds good to me. India seems to yield consistently high load factors and hopefully that means profitability (since high loads don't necessarily equate the same in terms of profits). I am also looking forward to some news of service to China, which seems to be where the future lays. I know there is significant demand and traffic between China and Sudan, but I wonder whether there are plans for additional African destinations.

I also wonder whether the talks for additional A320's are for the standard 320 model or whether we are looking at variations such as the 319's or 321's? It seems to me that 319's with their longer range might be an ideal tool for opening up more distant destinations (long/thin), and could also be efficiently used on some of the short-range sectors when loads are low on some routes.

sirwa69
7th Feb 2008, 14:54
Gulf Air are off to Shanghai the first flight is on 15th June

On On

newscaster
7th Feb 2008, 16:51
Saudi too are expanding in India with Lucknow, Bangalore and Khizikode.

left_to_first_class
7th Feb 2008, 22:16
Shangai was in the plan for the past 2 years.
Didn't have enough aircraft at that time - I suppose you do now with the current low utilisation.