PDA

View Full Version : Podger Ponting out of Hospital

robbailey
4th Feb 2008, 08:48
Steve Ponting, as I am sure most of you know, has been seriously ill here in Qatar. He spent 4 weeks in Doha hospital, where he suffered 2 strokes and pneumonia, amongst other things. We all know Steve as being a fighter, and thankfully this helped him pull through. He was released from hospital just over a week ago, and is expected to make a full recovery. It will be a couple of weeks before he is fit to fly back to the UK. He has lost rather a lot of weight, down to 65 kg at the moment, but he is doing well, and has all his faculties back.
Should you wish to contact him, please let me know and I will forward his details on to you. Please let me know your real name, or you will not get a reply!

Rob Bailey
Ex 24, 70 & 47 Sqn Air Eng

OmegaV6
4th Feb 2008, 16:26
Good news at last :)

Thanks for the update and pass on my best wishes

robbailey
4th Feb 2008, 16:33
I would if I knew who you were!

OmegaV6
4th Feb 2008, 16:37
PM sent ... :)

Ayla
5th Feb 2008, 09:20
Hi Rob,
Thanks for the info on Steve, glad to hear he is ok he appears to be on a one man mission to survive every known ailment to man. But seriously wish him, family and friends all the best from the Boulton Family.
Mick

jete
5th Feb 2008, 13:46
Hi Rob Ralph Lawton Here. Glad Steve is on the mend.Please let me have Steves email. I was with him at Lyneham and then Channel Cheers

A and C
5th Feb 2008, 16:31
Please pass Steve my best wishes and I hope that he is set for a full recovery in the very near future.

I very much enjoyed working with him at Channex his steady nature and technical ability made flying with him a pleasure................ a stark contrast to one or two of the "American" fleet that spring to mind!!!

Tim Smith
6th Feb 2008, 17:25
Give Podger my regards Rob - sorry to hear he's been so ill.
Tim S.

robbailey
8th Feb 2008, 19:23
Hi Tim,
Good to hear from you, how's things with you & Bridget? I guess your kids are grown up now!
Steve is certainly on the mend now, infact he is going back to the UK next Friday. I will be sorry to see him go, but I realise, as he does, that it's the best place for him.

Cheers

Rob