PDA

View Full Version : flight sim x on mac

Hawksley
4th Feb 2008, 04:46
im sure it has been asked before but i searched and couldnt find it, does any body know if i can get, or get to work flight sim x on my apple? pm me thanks guys

FlightSimX
4th Feb 2008, 06:39
Yes, I've been running FSX successfully on a MacBook Pro.

You can read more about the experience here (http://www.flightsimx.co.uk/flightsim-hardware/macbook-pro-flight-simulator-x-wow/).

Cheers,

Mark

Carrier
4th Feb 2008, 23:23
Why bother with that Micro$oft product when X-Plane runs on the Mac? X-Plane is made on a Mac and is obviously Mac-native. A version of X-Plane is approved by the FAA for simulator flight training of real pilots. I have not heard of Micro$oft’s product receiving similar recognition.

Bob Lenahan
6th Feb 2008, 18:09
Started flying in 1958- charter, instructor, major and commuter airlines. I cannot think of one reason I would want to use a pc computer as part of my (or a family member's) flight training program, even if it had been available in 1958.
Admitedly MSFS is pretty lame, but it does have some features, namely add-ons. Could be wrong but I don't think you can use the following programs with X-Plane: Flight Deck Companion, Radar Contact, Active Sky, PMDG 744, Level D 767, or Dreamfleet 727. I now use it for fun, nostalgia. A young friend of mine has X-Plane, and it is rather boring.
Bob.

about_to_jump
8th Feb 2008, 06:27
PDMG has a FS-X version of the 744 now. great stuff!