PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian SO at CX

Riso
4th Feb 2008, 02:00
Hey guys!

I got some questions about Cathay Pacific.

I was just wondering what could be the real chances for a brazilian (with FAA licenses and 1000 hours fixed wing) applying to SO position at CX?

What about days off and salary for SO at CX ?

Is true that the time between SO and JFO is approximately 18 months ?

Looking foward to hearing back from you guys!

Regards !

Riso
6th Feb 2008, 01:11
Nobody knows about it ? the reason i'm asking is because i would like to know if there's any citizenship restrictions...or it's worldwide..thanks!;)

missingblade
6th Feb 2008, 04:15
You do not have enough experience at this point - however start applying anyway - so they get you on file. You will need in the region of 2000 hours for them to be interested. Once you meet the requirements you will probably get an interview. Cathay now hires pilots from everywhere. If your english is good and you are competent you will be hired. Cathay will get you a working permit for Hong Kong. Just know that you will not be able to take a base legally in any country you don't have the right to live in. If you have a green card/Citizenship you can take a North American base AFTER you become FO should you want to.

MAX
6th Feb 2008, 04:30
Is true that the time between SO and JFO is approximately 18 months ?

No, this is not true. More likely double that figure.

MAX:cool:

Cpt. Underpants
6th Feb 2008, 04:52
I know a few girls in CX with "Brazilians"...

flyguy19348
6th Feb 2008, 13:05
double that time? so 4000 total for a DESO? that sounds steep....

off_off_dim_and_off
6th Feb 2008, 13:13
No. He means time served as SO until upgrade to JFO is around 36 months.

flyguy19348
6th Feb 2008, 13:43
oooops RTFQ

Riso
6th Feb 2008, 20:27
http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/careers/flying/so

Minimum RequirementsAll Second Officer applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:

An ICAO Airline Transport Pilot's License (ATPL) (obtained without exemptions) or ICAO Commercial Pilot's License (CPL) (obtained without exemptions) with passes in all ATPL ground examinations
A Valid Multi-Engine Instrument Rating
A minimum of 1000 hours fixed wing (preference will be given to applicants with turbine or multi-engine experience)
Experience commensurate with age
A current Class One Medical
Fluent spoken & written English

Well, i took that info from cathay website..it says that the minimum requirement is 1000 hours (fixed wing) so i don't see why they would refuse it..

But thanks for the information !

MAX
7th Feb 2008, 04:35
CX will accept your application if you meet the minimums.

Just dont expect them to beat your door down just yet.

Loooooots of S/O's have tonnes of jet experience when they join.

Good luck with your application.

thrust clb
7th Feb 2008, 22:03
Between years 2002-2005 i've sent my updated cv's every 6-months. During that time, i had 3,000 hours total and flying as an f/o on a medium sized jet in a nearby Southeast Asian Country. When i became captain, and was operating in and out of Hong Kong on an almost weekly basis.. i still sent them my cv's diligently. By this time, i had 5,000 hours total and about 1,000 command on jets. Still...I haven't been invited to a single interview, While the guys on pprune with 1500 hours on Navajos and Metro's were called on their first try.I stopped sending when i realized it is not your qualification, flying hours they are looking for ...

MAX
8th Feb 2008, 05:31
With your experience you would have made an excellent S/O. ;)

Cathay HR Dept. :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Anonymus6
8th Feb 2008, 06:37
I work fan US cargo airline (135) and 3 guys from my company got invited for an interview (second officer) last year and two of them got the job. yes they where flying navajo, Beech 99 airliner and metroliner as captain and had around 3000 tt.

Not a chance if you have 1000 hours to get a job with them as an SO:=

BigPimpin
9th Feb 2008, 02:25
thrust clb,

they'll probably hire you as a flight attendant.

lots of pinoys in that dept.