PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with a Panasonic VHS/DVD Hard-drive Recorder?

BusyB
3rd Feb 2008, 19:06
I have model DMR-EZ47VEB and on my first attempt to copy a VHS to DVD have somehow triggered a yellow hue to everything on the DVD side. The recording is yellow and any DVD films I play are also yellow. I'm waiting to hear from Panasonic but if someone has experienced similar and solved it I'd appreciate any advice.

I've switched it completely off and run setup again but no joy.:confused:

Mike6567
3rd Feb 2008, 19:30
I found this forum helped solve my problem with a different model Panasonic

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113

spannersatcx
3rd Feb 2008, 19:47
How are the 2 connected together, if it's a scart sounds like a dodgy connection.

If it has 2 scart connections normally only one of them handles RGB, make sure it's in the right one.

BusyB
3rd Feb 2008, 20:14
Spanners.

Its one of the combined VHS/DVD player/recorders:(

Mike,

Thanks, I'll try there:ok:

henry crun
4th Feb 2008, 01:59
BusyB: I have one of these machines, (a DMR-ES35V) and it does not have the problem that you describe.

PPRuNe Pop
4th Feb 2008, 11:43
I have a DMR-EH50 and I have discovered that the scart plugs can be a pain. You must have the lock-in type, ones with lugs, otherwise the connection can throw up any number of faults and it sounds as though one of more of the primary colours is playing up in some way.

Scart plugs seem to be all cheapies in a lot of outlets so a reputable TV/Video/DVD shop is the first stop IMHO.

Good luck.

green granite
4th Feb 2008, 12:12
A yellow cast would be caused by loss of the blue channel, so either a dodgy scart lead or no blue output to the scart socket.

dazdaz
4th Feb 2008, 17:12
1) have you tried a laser cleaning disc in the dvd drive?
2) Have you tried a vhs head cleaner tape in the vhs drive?

I'm sure one of the two or both may solve your problem. I take it the vhs-dvd recorder may be a year or two old?

Daz

spannersatcx
4th Feb 2008, 17:19
Are they pre recorded VHS? could be macrovision/copy protection?

BusyB
16th Feb 2008, 16:06
Thanks for all the responses. Been away hence my delay in replying.

Prune Pop hit the nail on the head, the scart plug to TV was not very deep seated on the DVD/VHS player. It seems to be a design fault as it can move when plugged in.:hmm:

PPRuNe Pop
17th Feb 2008, 07:21
Glad it helped.

Now I have a problem!! I have a total of 5 scart leads connected between two VCR's, one DVD player, one DVD/HDD player/recorder and a digital freeview box and one to the TV. ONE of them is wrong because I cannot record from a VCR as I did before (I have added a new DVD player which resulted in changes) but I have had a thought which someone might help with.

Should I dispense will all but one RF in/out connection when using scart leads? The one RF lead comes from a VCR where the ANT is connected then to the freeview box. I may be dumb but I get the impression from not so clear instructions that you should use scarts/RF leads on an either/or basis but I think it throws up other issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Saab Dastard
17th Feb 2008, 20:34
PP, I use an automatic SCART switch box to resolve issues.

I bought it fairly recently, and I have cable tv box, DVD, VCR and Wii plugged into it (in that order of priority), with a single output to the TV (which only has one SCART socket, which is why I bought the switch).

There is also a direct connection from cable tv box to VCR, to allow recording from cable, but the connection into the switch of DVD and VCR allows DVD to VCR recording.

The TV also has the co-ax connection from our roof aerial that provides the 5 basic analog channels (for a few more years).

Cable is on TV channel 0, analog channels are 1-5 and all other devices are accessed via AV - the auto SCART switch only sends the signal of the device in use to the TV. It actually works better than I had hoped!

There is just so much cabling, though!

SD