PDA

View Full Version : The TSA has a blog

Eboy
3rd Feb 2008, 09:12
"You thought my banana was a bomb. It was not a bomb. It was a delicious and nutritious fruit."

http://www.tsa.gov/blog/

Sobelena
3rd Feb 2008, 11:31
The most important thing the TSA need to do is train their staff in good PR. Yes, I can understand that there are a number of rude and unco-operative pax who need to be handled in a firm way, but that shouldn't be the default setting in TSA personnels' attitude toward the travelling public (and crews).

I understand that TSA personnel have a job to do and I will gladly co-operate fully. All I ask is that I be spoken to in the same courteous manner that I speak to them in. That, I'm afraid to say, is often lacking at many U.S. airports.

JFK was a recent example where I witnessed the verbal mistreatment of a confused elderly foreign couple. It was shameful.

radeng
4th Feb 2008, 07:18
I have always found TSA at Phoenix and San Diego to be very polite and friendly, though - as well as efficient. Although at San Diego, I did have a problem that they speak American and I speak English. Thus the concept of a torch in hand baggage caused some confusion!

10secondsurvey
4th Feb 2008, 21:06
So, what does 'a torch' mean in American?

PaperTiger
4th Feb 2008, 21:53
So, what does 'a torch' mean in American?One of those things the Statue of Liberty has in its (her ?) hand.

///mav
5th Feb 2008, 02:57
Some of the comments on there are, interesting. I've just come back from my first ever trip to the US, and had heard nothing but bad things about TSA. So it was a pleasant surprise to find that they were really nice. I had to have my bag searched after x-ray (was full of camera equipment, cables and candles..I don't know how much you can tell from an x-ray but I guess it could have looked a little odd), but even that was fine. They were super polite, really friendly and really quick. No complaints at all. :)

radeng
5th Feb 2008, 07:25
Torch as in 'blow torch' or 'blow lamp'. In English, torch is the US 'flashlight'.

computer jockey
5th Feb 2008, 07:26
Quote:
So, what does 'a torch' mean in American?
One of those things the Statue of Liberty has in its (her ?) hand.
Yep, the Statue of Liberty carries a torch, what you had in your bag was a flashlight.

2 nations divided by a common language...