PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Brisbane DAMEs??

PyroTek
2nd Feb 2008, 21:21
I'm going for my class 1 medical soon, and I was wondering if some DAMEs are better than others, and if so, has anyone got any recommendations of a DAME around Brisbane?

or does it not make a difference?

I live near Toowong/Mt Coot-Tha if anyone good is local to there.

(I've seen the list and stuff)

Thanks in advance!

flying-spike
2nd Feb 2008, 22:01
He's a bit out of your way but I get mine done with Dr. Michael Bromet in Morayfield (formerly Morayfield medical centre)

WannaBeBiggles
2nd Feb 2008, 22:38
Give Dr. Yates a call, right on Central station, so easy to commute.

Dr J L YATES
Anzac Square Medical Centre
280 Ann Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000
Ph: 07 3229 1344
Fax: 07 3221 2694

VH-FTS
2nd Feb 2008, 22:46
I might be wrong, but haven't you just started training PyroTek? Unless you are concerned about your health or ability to hold a class 1, you may be better off just getting a class 2 and saving some money (might help pay for another lesson).

WannaBeBiggles
2nd Feb 2008, 22:59
FTS has a point, Optamologist, ECG, Blood work and Lipids all add up... not to mention CASA "service" fee!

PyroTek
2nd Feb 2008, 23:27
if i want to do flying as a career (i've actually started the Cert IV CPL 150hour course) i might as well get a class 1 medical to start with, which is why i'd prefer a class 1 to start, to avoid any bites in the ass later in my training where it ends up i can only get a class 2.

PyroTek
3rd Feb 2008, 00:11
thats what i've thought since day one, i should get my class 1 over with so i know i'm fit and good to fly commercial. and so i dont have to dick around with stuff at the 'last minute'

VH-FTS
3rd Feb 2008, 01:18
I thought that was what I said. Only do it if you want to make sure you are fit. There is no point in a class 1 otherwise until you're ready to get it all sorted before your CPL.

Waiting until you pass your CPL before doing a class 1 is just stupid.

PyroTek
3rd Feb 2008, 01:34
i just want the assurance i'm fit... so i dont have to worry later..

WannaBeBiggles
3rd Feb 2008, 01:57
Havick, How did you even do your flight test without a class 1? AFAIK that's a requirement...

I'd suggest you get your PPL out of the way first, THEN worry about your Class 1... otherwise at the rate your going you'll be paying for Class 1 renewals a couple of time before it's worth while.

If you bomb out on your Class 1 then, you'll still have your PPL in hand and have saved yourself a bit of money.

Plus, if you can't hold a Class 1, not sure that your flying school is allowed to keep you enrolled in a commercial course. So look it at this way. If you fail it you'll fail it now or in 12-24 months time anyway, but this way you at least get to do your GFPT and PPL GST Free! ;)

PyroTek
3rd Feb 2008, 02:16
yep, and later get hounded by the ATO going 'wheres my :mad:ing money!!'

I'd prefer to get it now to be completely honest!

WannaBeBiggles
3rd Feb 2008, 02:20
If you were stupid enough paid upfront, or signed a contract commiting you to pay the full course regardless then your screwed either way...

But hey, it's just your parents money your wasting, not yours... :suspect:

PyroTek
3rd Feb 2008, 02:47
we are doing the PAYG method, and i do plan to pay it back next year when i get a job and ill fund my own training from next year onwards.

so theres no prepayment or contract.

topic is drifting...

j3pipercub
3rd Feb 2008, 04:40
drifting....drifting... iceberg!!! Dead Ahead!:}

Good one Pyro, about the bites in the ass, keep diriving that blue and white chequred beast around the Bribie Training area...:)

Biggles, dude, chill, as if any of us wouldn't do the same thing if we were in his positon :E

j3

PyroTek
3rd Feb 2008, 05:04
wouldn't exactly call it a beast much... more a blue and white checkered Bandit!!!

I reckon biggles would do what he says, lets reverse time and advise him of his advice... see what he says.

I shall go for my class one soon, thats been a decision I've made since day 1. (i thought to hold it off until i was back from europe).
That wasn't the idea of the topic anyway, it was to find if there were any really good DAME's, and ones to avoid (if any).

aviationascent
3rd Feb 2008, 08:11
pyro,

i definately recommend Dr. John Stone at Buranda Medical Centre. i went through hell to be fit for a class one. two lots of catheter ablation to fix a condition of the heart. at ALL stages John went above and beyond the call to help me. as it happens, he is also an aviation enthusiast, i think it is nice that he is able to empathise with ones passion for aviation. :ok:

2b2
3rd Feb 2008, 10:11
Bob Thomas @ Jindalee Medical Centre.

havick
3rd Feb 2008, 11:53
I hear Dr Nick Riviera is pretty good.

Mainframe
3rd Feb 2008, 22:21
Pyrotek

Dr Ian Marshall, Walton Bridge Medical Centre, Waterworks Rd, The Gap.

WilliamOK
4th Feb 2008, 06:22
Not strictly on topic, but what good DAMEs are there on the Gold Coast?