PDA

View Full Version : NetJets Europe - changes at the top

Lever
2nd Feb 2008, 13:57
Heard a whisper that one of the senior guys at NJE has been relieved of his position and replaced.

Any idea what's going on?

Lever

Taxi2parking
2nd Feb 2008, 15:59
mmmm heard something similar...:confused:

south coast
2nd Feb 2008, 16:07
What position would that be?

There have been two who have resigned their positions in Lisbon, one from the company too, not sure about the other.

Director of Flight Operations
Chief Standards Captain

The first position has been filled internally by a very popular gentleman with the line pilots and I have seen an advert for the second in Flight this week.

Not sure if there is any gossip or scandal here, just people's circumstances changing and therefore making choices that best suits them.

gone till november
2nd Feb 2008, 16:43
Wait for Smeagal :uhoh:. He'll have all the answers with a totally balanced and fair slant :suspect::suspect::p

South coast

I think FF has returned to the line.

Not sure if there is any gossip or scandal here, just people's circumstances changing and therefore making choices that best suits them.

Well said as there's too much ****e bandied around about NJE most of it rubbish by un-informed outsiders or bitter insiders who should move on

Stingaling
3rd Feb 2008, 17:09
"...........filled internally by a very popular gentleman....."

Would that be MJ by any chance?

CE550B
3rd Feb 2008, 17:21
"........Would that be MJ be by any chance?........."

Nope, that'll be JB.

Smeagel
3rd Feb 2008, 19:47
gone til november

Oh there's a reason for the change alright but it's fairly unpleasant. I'm sure it will filter out of Lisbon to those of you online eventually.

"a very popular gentleman....."

Would that be MJ by any chance?

Popular with management maybe. They do so like their 'tame' ones.

captain coldfront
4th Feb 2008, 07:57
Come on Smegal, it could take months before anything reaches the line. Tell us what you know..

Smeagel
4th Feb 2008, 08:34
Uh, uh. This one's.............................delicate.

captain coldfront
4th Feb 2008, 08:41
ok, now i am intrigued. Can you PM me?

EatMyShorts!
4th Feb 2008, 08:58
It is actually quite delicate. Don't forget we are obsessed with safety :)

Flintstone
4th Feb 2008, 13:34
Karma man :E

Smeagel
4th Feb 2008, 20:21
Aaah, what the hell.

New Netjets uniform maybe? :E

<picture suspended>

I've been asked nicely to tuck the picture away pending some clarification. Could someone in the know tell me what steps have been taken to ensure safety? Course of treatment concluded or just told '"Off you go, have a good flight"?

I'm sure the other crew members and passengers would like to be reassured.

CE550B
5th Feb 2008, 09:26
At least the tie is a lot better! :}

blablablafly
5th Feb 2008, 10:27
The new guy is quite an improvement :ok:

simmatt
5th Feb 2008, 11:23
I think you will find somone who was not in the training dept. has gone back to flying the line, he is working on the Air Canada style of training on diverting .......

there is a clue in there somwhere,

He may well make a good training partner for the "Oh no my other crew member is not well and I will have to land single crew:ugh: could we have some white jacketed people to meet us......"

mmmmmmm what goes around comes around

Remember our best saftey device is a well trainied crew.......

Smeagel
5th Feb 2008, 12:05
Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh. We are, after all, talking about someone who has worked long and hard for the company. Perhaps early retirement would be an option? A nice pension and a leaving gift from management...............

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/BDX/BDX186/cuckoo-clock-~-bxp34725.jpg

mirandes
5th Feb 2008, 16:52
"The new guy is quite an improvement "

We'll see that. When somebody is facing the upper management can be inconvenient to somebody and suffer the result.

Smeagel
12th Feb 2008, 21:44
Carrier pigeon just arrived from Lisbon with the hot snot on why the person in question is no longer wielding the big stick he so loved.

It should come as no surprise to those in the know that he had often been heard to say (whilst in the 'right' company) that NJE is a Portuguese company that should be run by Portuguese people. It seems he told upper, upper management that the Director of Training "must" appoint a Portuguese Safety Officer (is the current one on the way out?).

Despite being told that the decision was not his he raised his voice again and was consequently turfed out on his ear. It seems that upper, upper management finally discovered a backbone. Who'd a thort it?:ooh: Interestingly there has been no attempt by the company to sugar the pill, he was fired with a capital 'F'. Always one to revel in others being unceremoniously put down and belittled this will really have stung him.

Cancel that cuckoo clock! I want my money back!!

So who will be next? My money is on the last of the big screamers (at his staff), the Director of Finance and a fleet manager, lapdog to the recently departed one. Sheeeyit, at this rate NJE might finally be a company worth working for. One day.

johnriketes
13th Feb 2008, 10:48
Yes, we "reap what we sow" in this world and what goes around comes around.

Do you think he was so naive, he thought he was indispensable?

Flintstone
13th Feb 2008, 11:52
He must have thought so. I can't help the wry grin at hearing this. Truly a case of someone receiving a dose of their own medicine with the exception that his victims rarely did much to incur his displeasure whereas, if this version is true, he brought it upon himself.

Absolutely NO sympathy whatsoever for this guy. All that remains is for his glove puppet tame fleet manager to receive the same. Now there's a load that should have been swallowed.

south coast
13th Feb 2008, 15:18
Oih Fredrick

Who is his tame Fleet Manager puppet?

Innit.