View Full Version : Any Charter Companies For Sale.....Looking

jazzy
2nd Feb 2008, 02:25
Dear People my uncle has asked me to to find out if there are Flying/Charter Companies for Sale Within Australia (and Should be an established Company as well), if so could you please let me know as i have to let him Know.

Cheers

Howard Hughes
2nd Feb 2008, 05:28
He might find some in Aviation Trader! (http://www.aviationtrader.com.au/):ok:

Metro man
2nd Feb 2008, 05:50
Why is he so keen to lose his money ? Buy property instead, much safer :ok:

QFcaptain
2nd Feb 2008, 06:58
Why is everyone so against starting an aviation business.Fuel may be high but Pilots are cheap and there's plenty of room for one or two more companies.A kid I know has just finished his commercial licence a the old crusty age of 20!and his dad just bought a quite sizeable twin charter outfit up north.Looks like someones gonna have a decent gig!!apparently metro's and bandits have been purchased aswell :eek:.I been looking at something myself lately but I mite need another pair of balls to go ahead with it atm.

..don't spill mi drink boi

BAe32EP-Chief
2nd Feb 2008, 09:16
I believe that Casair is for sale in Western Australia

Lasiorhinus
2nd Feb 2008, 12:13
Your "uncle" should talk to Skystar320...

bizzybody
2nd Feb 2008, 19:26
Good luck with it..

things to keep in mind though are the following
1. you buy a charter company, you buy someone elses problems if there are any
2. it MAY take you 6 months and $160 per hour with CASA getting a new chief pilot appointed, adding aircraft, moving location, inspections of facilities etc (depending on what office does it)
2. may have had issues with CASA in the past
3. Ops manual probably a little out dated and CASA will want to audit it costing more money and time (May as well write a new manual)

It may seem easier on the surface to buy one but really a lot of the time it is just a quick and the sometimes the same price just to go for an your own initial issue.

I have bought a few in my time(in the middle of another one now) and i have also had new ones issued and there has been a drama with every one of them for one reason or another but generally you will not find one that has an ops manual that CASA wont wont to audit.

This all also depends on what type and size operation the company is. I do know of a charter company for sale out west but the company has had CASA issues in the past and yes the manual is REALLY outdated. For $20K......not worth it. I'd get your own

Basic Piston IFR twin engine charter AOC will take around 35 hours work by CASA @ $160 per hour. (No they dont do it all at once)

BB

Mr. Hat
2nd Feb 2008, 23:52
check your pm's

jazzy
3rd Feb 2008, 05:41
hey guys thanks alot for all your help and i will be contacting these people soon, and if u here of anymore for sale, please let me know

Cheers.

Bort Simpson
4th Feb 2008, 05:12
Check your PMs

Bort

Larson1
4th Feb 2008, 05:29
Check your PM's

Towering Q
4th Feb 2008, 05:45
Jazzy, check your pm's....I haven't sent you anything but plenty of others have.

ciscodiscocisco
4th Feb 2008, 06:47
Have you people noticed that he has actually asked if anyone knew..... "KNEW" not comments..... so much s:mad:t all the time...

mattyj
4th Feb 2008, 08:17
..does anyone NOT want to sell their small GA charter business...?

:p

troppo
4th Feb 2008, 09:54
I think Pacific Islands Seaplanes in Nadi is for sale.Cheap beer and cheaper girls...what more could you want from GA?

Binoculars
4th Feb 2008, 11:07
What GA company isn't for sale? :uhoh:

Skystar320
4th Feb 2008, 21:50
Network / Maroomba / Air South.

As I said Casair I believe is up for sale with a price tag of AUD$6mill and I do believe there is also another start up company in Karratha that needs investors?

dogfish747
24th Feb 2008, 07:12
Email to [email protected]
I know of one.
Cheers