PDA

View Full Version : Luxair

airmiles
1st Feb 2008, 19:01
I have noticed many people posing this question, but no one getting any answers... so here goes..

I have an interview coming up with Luxair, can anyone out there tell me what kind of questions get asked on the interview. Yes I have looked on their website and I have the necessary info about them there. :) Anything that any of you can enlighten me on about Luxair please get in touch.What bases do they have, of course Luxembourg but where else?

Thanks,
Airmiles

Ambiorix
24th Feb 2008, 14:14
Hello,

Do you have any info regarding:

Roster
Salary
Time to command
Routes on the dash-8

Thanks in advance

storlax
23rd Jun 2008, 20:36
Hi there

I have the interview on thursday the 26.th of june. Anybody else having interview this day?
So have you starsted you preparation for the DLR test in Hamburg?

Beafis
24th Jun 2008, 16:33
Luxair is not the quality airline anymore people know from the 90's.

Rooster: Worst in the industry. Only 10 days of a month. Non flexible schedules. Before your off days you always end late and after beeing off you will start very early. More then 160 hours duty a month on Embraer! Absolutely not possible to combine this job with a social live outside Luxembourg! No improvement forseen due to lack of union structure in Luxembourg.:hmm:

FO Salary: Starting at 2900 E before tax excl flightpay ( +/- 300 E ), 3900 E excl flightpay after 8 months. Looks good. But compared to other jobs in Luxembourg it is not enough. A simple state employee makes more. A 3 room appartment around the city will cost you around 1500 E a month. Cost of living is around 30% more expensive the Germany/Belgium/France.

Time to command: Maybe 6 years to get command on Dash or Embraer. 25+ years to get command on boeing. Some guys will never become Captain on the boeing.:\

Routes on Dash: Mainly Frankfurt, Paris, London City. In summertime also Barcelona, Roma and some charter destinations.

First Interview is straight forward. Just an introduction about Luxair and some personal questions.

Raven1972
28th Jul 2010, 17:52
Hi Beafis (http://www.pprune.org/members/153935-beafis),
Have you any updates on Luxair pay and conditions are you still with them? I have a first interview with them soon and would be interested how you found the recruitment process. Pay isn't the most urgent issue for me as I'm living in Lux and planning to stay long term...I had a look at the DLR sample tests etc and have to say they scared the hell out of me...:yuk: are they as tough as they seem? Do Luxair grade you in comparison to the other candidates or against the DLR history of previous tested candidates? Are you still talking 5 yrs or so to get a left seat on the Dash 8's/ Embraers? I heard that they have quite a few Dutch pilots who will head straight for KLM the minute they start recruiting? Do you know if their current recruitment is to crew a new Dash 8 or to fill vacant seats left by pilots moving on?
Your thoughts would be appreciated...