PDA

View Full Version : Any Ex (soon to be ex) RN pilots out there?

WIGYCIWYT
31st Jan 2008, 18:21
Tried to post this before - not sure if I broke the rules or just failed dismally!

Rotary pilots with RN experience (deck landings) needed for Dauphin operation in the South West. SP IFR - anyone interested please pm me.

Skidkid
31st Jan 2008, 22:18
Why RN?

There are plenty of RAF & AAC helicopter pilots with good deck landing experience.

AB139engineer
31st Jan 2008, 23:11
Try helijet in Vancouver , its like a retirement home for them.:E

Thud_and_Blunder
1st Feb 2008, 16:42
Skidkid,

To his/her credit, WIGYCIWYT actually asked for rotary pilots with RN experience (not quite the same thing as RN pilots - your RAF/AAC folk weren't ruled out at all). I would imagine they want someone who can put up with Fishhead/WAFU speak all day without retching; rules out a lot of light-blue/ light-blue-beret folk, eh?

Geoffersincornwall
1st Feb 2008, 18:18
If you don't know how to deal with the Thursday War you probably wont be able to cope

G

:}

Skidkid
2nd Feb 2008, 22:23
Thud_and_Blunder

Have another look at the title of the thread.

fagin's goat
13th Feb 2008, 07:52
Geoffers is spot on (as ever). This is not just about deck operations....though it helps. Where are the ex-dark blue out there?
Great job on offer I hear.

PS Skidkid, skids don't work well on ships...you really need wheels!!;)

wobble2plank
13th Feb 2008, 08:58
Hmmm,

So the FOST'ies need a couple more taxi drivers then? Nice chopper the last time it landed on my deck, rotten cargo tho! :eek:

Nice job, good challenge but not enough to weedle me out of my tube with in built bog and coffee machine! One needs lifes little comforts.

Good luck on finding someone to man the goon suit.

W2P

ExSeaLynx
14th Feb 2008, 20:58
Is RN lynx trained with six BOST (for the German Navy) incl all the weekly wars enough?
Current on BK117 + EC135.:ok:

WIGYCIWYT
17th Feb 2008, 19:27
Absolutely fits the bill. Please PM me if interested in more details.