PDA

View Full Version : Leuchars and Lossie MRTs

Gainesy
31st Jan 2008, 09:16
We sometimes forget the other RAF Rescue teams.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7219172.stm
Great job, great people.:ok:

(Just don't get between them and the bar).:uhoh:

mad_jock
31st Jan 2008, 09:23
I for one would get between them and the bar.

With my wallet out.

Green Flash
31st Jan 2008, 12:00
I think the BBC have got a bit confused - the MRT is at Kinloss, the SeaKing is at Lossie. Brand spanking new base they've got too, very smart, and brand spanking new vehicles (L200? crew cab'd pick up's and Merc? vans) Which is exactly what a top bunch that they are, deserve. Good on yer:ok:

Having now read the whole report, to the end ..... :O

TMJ
31st Jan 2008, 13:42
I think the BBC have got a bit confused - the MRT is at Kinloss, the SeaKing is at Lossie.

A number of the Kinloss MRT are based at Lossie, mind; enough for a call out to be tannoyed at Lossie. Having got between a couple of them and the bar, it can be a fairly long and expensive process; enjoyable though!

Climebear
2nd Feb 2008, 10:35
GF

The 'pickups' are Toyota Hilux (not sure what the plural of Hilux is) similar to (but not as powerful as) the ones that Clarkson and co took to the North Pole. Far more comfortable than the old Landrovers

The Merc Sprinters are, I believe, the only 4-wheel drive Sprinters in the UK.

Thanks for the words of support chaps.

Darwinism
2nd Feb 2008, 23:26
Originally posted by rafmatt
Don't forget the ARCC peeps to!!
good bunch!! vital for the rescue of so many in and around the British isles and the world some times.

I buy em a beer

I think you're missing the point rafmatt - MRT personnel are volunteers who risk their lives in all weather, wheras ARCC 'peeps' are getting paid for the job whilst sitting on comfortable chairs in a warm ops room drinking coffee. I know who deserves the beer more....

sonas
4th Feb 2008, 09:38
Climbear

For info only

Scottish Ambulance Service have a few 4X4 Sprinters in service around Highland Scotland.

Cheers

Green Flash
4th Feb 2008, 09:50
Climebear

Ta. They certainly look alot better than the old 110's and the 4 tonner!! What is the Mercs off road performance like?

TMJ
4th Feb 2008, 10:22
The 'pickups' are Toyota Hilux (not sure what the plural of Hilux is) .

I'd like it to be Hiluxen, a la ox -> oxen, but I accept I'm probably in a minority there..

Climebear
4th Feb 2008, 12:14
Sonas - thanks for the info.

GF - I haven't driven the Mercs off road - things would have gone really horrible if we had too. The 4x4 is more useful for poor-road driving (ie gravel tracks/ or snow covered roads). The vehicles are good though and can generally outrun the Toyotas (obvioulsy never exceeding speed limits).

Green Flash
4th Feb 2008, 17:11
Well at least someone in the RAF is getting decent kit.