PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to Turbine

GAP67
31st Jan 2008, 08:20
I'am looking to move to a Jetranger and was after advise as to were to puchase and have one maintained in the UK.

Helipilot1982
31st Jan 2008, 09:53
There maybe one for sale at FAST at shoreham and they have a maintenence facility there too!:ok:

206 jock
31st Jan 2008, 09:56
Depends where you are in the UK for maintenance.

PM me if you want more detail, especially if you're in the South East/Midlands. I've had good and bad experience that you're more than welcome to in private!

moosp
31st Jan 2008, 10:29
As your title is upgrading to a turbine, just a suggestion that you do not consider that the Jetranger is the only turbine out there.

In automobile terms it's like getting into a Morris Oxford. Nothing wrong with the basic design and engineering for its time, but it is years out of date, even if you buy a new one. Even Bell themselves have decided recently not to build any more. That will not affect the spares situation as there are a zillion spares out there for the 206, but it shows that they think you should go for one of their more expensive options.

On the plus side, they are a smooth ride, on the negative, it's embarrassing to be overtaken by an R44 on a 200 mile leg.

I am biased towards another turbine manufacturer so I won't say what you should do, but do look around.

FWIW

Flingingwings
31st Jan 2008, 10:44
HP1982,

I think you'll find that company policy at the named school is for 90%+ of its aircraft to always be available for sale :ugh:

jetbox 21
31st Jan 2008, 11:43
Moosp, have to disagree with you ref R44, I have flown a couple of times beside the R44 Raven II & have found my jetranger is quicker. Know which Id rather be in !!! ;)

heliski22
31st Jan 2008, 16:25
Moosp

The comparison to the Morris Oxford, venerable old motor that it might be, is a trifle unfair to the Jetbox.

More Ford Cortina, I'd have thought, no matter which aspect you pick, there'll always be one a little better.

But when you put them all together into the package that is the 206, it'll keep plodding along reliably and (comparatively) inexpensively for a long time.

GAP67
21st Feb 2008, 14:55
Thanks for your assistance, I still think I will go for a Jetranger even if they have stopped making them I can still see them making money as I could buy a new one for 2009 and sell it on, on delivery if needed.:cool:

I hear that PDG in Wloverhampton or Patriot in Bedford are good places for maintenance, please let me know your throughts.

helicopter-redeye
21st Feb 2008, 18:17
It depends where you live - pick somebody nearby not at the far end of the Earth.

have to disagree with you ref R44, I have flown a couple of times beside the R44 Raven II & have found my jetranger is quicker.

Maybe they were flying below MCP which would make them slower if you were at../

Or maybe they were just hovering while you were at full power?:E