PDA

View Full Version : Long magenta line

danishdynamite
31st Jan 2008, 07:34
When creating a long magenta line with the the intercept course the vertical deviation changes.
What is now the calculation point for the vertical deviation path?
Boeing 737 FMC update 10.7

Stick'n'Rudder
31st Jan 2008, 08:48
From my personal experience, it's present position direct to the first fix in the FMC legs page, then further on the route.

Do you have the perception of a change in behaviour or is there another reason for specifically pointing out the FMC update 10.7?

ACMS
31st Jan 2008, 10:31
In the 777 it is based on present position direct to the next active waypoint, and based on the speed/ht at that point.

danishdynamite
31st Jan 2008, 10:51
I had the normal route in the fmc and was about 1500' deviation on path - then created long magenta on faf and put in intercept course because doing a ndb app.
Suddenly path showed about 2500' in the other direction.

Linecheck capt then was so kind to ask me why the path suddenly changed and were the new origin of the path was calculated.
Caus I didnt know the answer he told me in a kind tone to know this by the next time I saw him again.

Check Airman
31st Jan 2008, 13:05
Cause I didn't know the answer he told me in a kind tone to know this by the next time I saw him again.

Sounds kind of threatening to me:eek:

I believe the "official" name for this feature is a "line extension" or "course intercept". I could be wrong though.

danishdynamite
31st Jan 2008, 13:14
A little bit threatening but still with the option for me to study up at home...
Damn and it wasnt even me who was being checked that day - it was the cpt and he was not helpful on that matter...

I am just a little bit lost and cant find the answer in the books.
So I put my faith in the Tech Log forum?!?

Check Airman
31st Jan 2008, 17:05
So I put my faith in the Tech Log forum?!?

Of course you can. When he asks for the reference, just give him the url and point him to posts 2 and 3:)