PDA

View Full Version : dragonair interview

Beech19
31st Jan 2008, 05:39
I've been invited for a dragonair interview in the UK. I however do not live in The UK. Does Dragonair pay or organise flights the way that Cathay etc. does for you. I don't know if anyone else out there has had a similer problem, an aus based pilot perhaps.

Thanks in advance

dragon501
31st Jan 2008, 10:13
Simple yet short answer. NO.

bacou
31st Jan 2008, 11:48
I did the selection in Decembre 2007.
During the interview I've been given a 200GBP allowance to fund the cost of travel, accomodation and so on.
If it's still current, the Personnel Department will offer you the same.

It's not that much but I went to several other interviews (even with majors)and KA is the only employer that did so.

Fly747
31st Jan 2008, 12:56
Beech 19, read the other threads on FH and realise what is happening to KA. It is having the life sucked out of it by CX. No point in joining KA freight now as this has already gone with surplus pilots being offered CX at the bottom of the seniority; there will be no more commands on the 3x 400s left.
As far as the pax fleet goes eventually what is left of that will end up at the bottom of the CX seniority too. No more commands for FOs there for some time either as they are about to be taken by freighter guys.
If you must work for the CX group there is now no point in joining KA as you could waste years as a second class employee only to end up at the bottom in CX.
Don't say you weren't warned.

Lear60Dude
21st Feb 2008, 16:48
So what is the pay like at CX vs KA?