PDA

View Full Version : Spare Seats???

marty1468
31st Jan 2008, 00:33
I've just been reading a thread in another section about people who go flying on weekends or whenever that have spare seats available and are willing to take someone along, either cost sharing or even just for the company. The responses were really good but it's mostly UK based.

I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to try this here in Australia?

I'm 75% through my CPL in Brisbane. My problem is that by the time i save money and get to do some flying it's like 2 steps forward and 1 step back as a few things here and there are forgotten in the interim (basically go flying once a month if i'm lucky, spend time and money remembering stuff i've forgotten then trying to learn something else, dont fly for a month or more, spend time and money remembering things i've forgotten etc, see the cycle?). If anyone has a spare seat available on a ferry flight, nav, whatever, and doesn't mind someone to chat to, i would be most appreciative as it would keep my grey matter focused. Even if i could just come and do some navigating???

Thanks in advance to any replies, whether good, bad or indifferent.

Jabawocky
31st Jan 2008, 01:06
check your PM's

J:ok:

marty1468
31st Jan 2008, 01:21
Hi J,
I checked my PM's but there was nothing there ?:rolleyes:

Marty

ForkTailedDrKiller
31st Jan 2008, 03:15
That's cause Jaba's just mess'in with ya!

Dr :8

WannaBeBiggles
31st Jan 2008, 07:52
Marty, I'm still planning that command building exercise, but decided to get my ATPL's out of the way after my IREX, so not sure of dates yet.
Will discuss more after those beers ;)

ops_guy
31st Jan 2008, 10:41
If any mods are reading this, what are the chances of getting a 'Spare Seats Available' thread stickied up the top of this D&G GA forum? I think it would be a great idea as I myself would like to sit-in on some navs etc, and wouldn't mind taking along some people as well every now and then.

Cheers,

ops_guy